chapter 17

One song turned into another, again and again. Princes from around the world were asking Leigh to dance with them and she did but she wasn't focusing on what they said. She focused on that one person, sitting by the second table on the right. That person's figure was slim like woman's but they wore suit like a man. Leigh-Anne was confused by the person's identity so when she saw them getting up and heading to the bathroom she excused herself and quietly followed them. She hid behind the corner and watched the figure disappear to ladies restroom. That confused Leigh even more so she headed back to the room where so many couples were dancing and actually having a good time.
"Are you having fun, darling?" the Queen asked her daughter. She just nodded and smiled because she was tired and she didn't want her parents to know that she still isn't happy about this.
"May I ask you for a dance?" a voice asked and when she looked up, she saw the mysterious lady. She held hands with the other female as they headed to the dance floor.
"Who are you?" she asked immediately. Her answer was silence.
"Can you remove the mask? I want to see your face, I'm sure you're gorgeous," Leigh insisted. She didn't take silence as an answer.
"I can't," soft voice answered.
"At least tell me your name," Leigh-Anne didn't stop. The mysterious female shook her head.
"Think, Leigh-Anne. You know who I am," she said and handed the princess something wrapped right before she bowed down and left the hall. Leigh wanted to chase her but as soon as others saw she's standing alone, they got to her faster than light.

"It's time for our beloved princess to choose her future husband," the King announced before the party was supposed to end. Leigh-Anne quickly unwrapped the gift she was given. There was a bra in it and a note saying "Find me". The bra was simply white and medium-sized, if Leigh could tell. What the hell was she supposed to do with that? It could fit so many females. How is she going to find the one? Could it be the one she thought it was? She hoped so because she was madly in love. Still..

"Leigh-Anne?" her father smiled at her. She went up to him and her brain tried to think of a proper speech everybody expected her to do.
"Yes, I found a person I want to marry. Everybody go home. Tomorrow morning I'll be looking for the person, I'll visit every house in this country until I find them. I won't answer any questions," she turned her head to face her parents and left immediately, with the bra hidden under her dress.

"How was the ball?" Perrie asked her family when they arrived.
"Weird. The princess said she picked her future husband but didn't tell us who it is and tomorrow starts searching for him everywhere. Jesus Christ, I'm so mad. By the way Alex, who was that annoying guy who sat by our table and always tried to start conversation with you?" Ruth asked her son. Alex's cheeks went red.
"I.. I don't know, mom. I think he was alright, wasn't he?" Alex looked at his sister who nodded instantly.
"Alright? With his long hair? Who does he think he is? A girl?" and Ruth started laughing as if what she said was not offensive at all. Then she left the room and went upstairs.
"Don't worry, brother. I think he was great," Alice comforted Alex who looked like he wants to cry.
"Perrie, can I talk to you for a moment?" Alice then turned to Perrie and went outside where she waited for a few moments until her blonde step-sister arrived.
"So, did it work? The plan?" she asked and Perrie nodded. Alice squeaked in excitement.
"Do you think it's going to work?" Perrie asked Alice, slightly concerned the plan is too complicated.
"Don't worry, it's going to work out just fine," Alice smiled at Perrie who smiled back.

I'm sorry, I know this chapter is not really long but I wanted to update so this happened. :)