Chapter 2

*Maddie Outfit in the second audition above*

We were walking in Los Angeles streets, shy, with fear that we call attention because of our clothes. The people dressing and their hairstyles in the street didn't make me laugh because I watched a lot of eighties movies, videoclips and all that was relacionated with that time. I wasn't surprised.

There were shoulder pads, hair with a lot of volume, all the types of bangs, a lot of hair spray, red straws, colourful sweatshirts... But, the weirdest part, was that I liked it.

"Well guys, as the machine broking wasn't in my plans" said my uncle with a sad tone, inasmuch as making the machine work gave him a lot of time. "We've got to find a job for me, an school for you, clothes, house... God, it's so much to search. Well, we've got to find all of that..."

"The first thing we need is a house" said Josh.Lo primero que necesitamos es una casa -dijo Josh.

"How are we going to find one?"

"Oh God!" exclaimed uncle Goomer happily. "I know how!" he inserted his hand on his pocket and pulled out a wad of dollar bills. "I grabbed money and our DNI cards before leave in case we could need them."

"How did you know you were going to travel to the eighties with us?" I asked, apparently he had prepared for some more time.

"I finished a few days ago, I took months saving money for the time we would have to travel and I knew you were going to go with me" he answered and he shrugged his shoulders. "Well, here I have five hundred dolar, okay?" Josh and I nodded. "We'll rent an small apartment for a month and I hope I'll have find a job then."

******

Uncle Goomer had bought a newspaper for look for jobs offers in it. We also found an apartment in a hotel that was so crappy and costed twenty dolars for person during one week. My uncle had payed four hundred twenty dolars after our stay and now we were in an Antonio Holtel apartment.

We didn't know what we were going to do... If it were not because Josh broke the machine...N

"Yeah! Look, here says they're looking for a waiter in Carter's" said uncle Goomer and he sat up and walked to the hotel's phone that was in a table. "I'll call them."

My uncle marked the numbers and started to talk with the person that was in the other line. Josh, meanwhile was watching TV and was complaining about the movies and TV series bad quality. Now, he was watching Happy Days, that show, had finished a few days ago and now they were putting a marathon on the channel.

It was a Christmas special where was a man and a woman, there was a little blonde girl between them and was holding a mistletoe, the two young kissed the girl in her cheeks and she laughed. And I remembered my favourite actress. No, she wasn't her.

She was Heather O'Rourke!

"Josh! She's Heather O'Rourke!" I exclaimed putting my hands in my hair and I combed it a few times, incredulous. "Oh! That... that means she's still alive! I can't believe it!"

"Shut up! I want to listen!" exclaimed Josh angrily.

I looked through the window the buildings and the skyscrapers. With the hurry and with the anger, I didn't realised. But I was in the eighties, countless famous people were still alive. I was living the best time of the history, I always had dreamed with that.

When I noticed it, I couldn't avoid let go a tear of joy. Heather, was alive. I was living in the eighties. Poltergeist II hadn't been released to the big screen yet. Michael Jackson was still alive. Cyndi Lauer was still with his orange red hair. Kiss was young. E.T was one of the movies with the best effects ever. The eighties, I was in the eighties...