Chapter 1: Noah

Chapter  1

1st of July 

„The waves took me away“ Was the last sentence in her suicide note, it brought me to tears, I‘ll miss her forever.

I wake up too late for school so I hurry down stairs and get myself some food, get my backpack and go to school.

School sucks. 

I park my car and walk inside my horrible school and on the way inside I see Emily, she was sad, I could see it in her eyes. I didn‘t ask what was wrong because i knew it was because of Emily. I just hugged her, I could feel her heartbeat, it was beating fast. Then I kissed her forhead and told her that everything is going to be okay. Because it will be, eventually.

Things are hard now for everyone. Cassie is gone, gone forever. She killed herself on the 11th of June, she suffered from depression.

She was one of my good friends, I miss her so much. Emily and Cassie were best friends, they did everything together.

Me and Emily walked together do class, we walked passed Cassie‘s locker, there were flowers and candles there. It was beautiful but made everyone sad.

Then we met up with our friends, we are basically this 5 group of friends now, we were 6 but now that Emily is gone, we are 5.  There is Daniel but everyone calls him Danny, he plays football and is one of the best in the team. He has dark hair, brown eyes and goes a lot to the solarium so he‘s very tan, I often try to tell him not to go there because the impact it has is not good but he never listens to me, he just shakes he‘s head and tells me not to worry. He‘s also my best friend, we have been best friends since kindergarden,  then there is his girlfriend  Amanda, they‘ve been together for almost 2 years now. She‘s also my very good friend, she‘s so nice but can be a total bitch sometimes. She has blonde hair, pretty big grey eyes with light skin. She‘s very clever and loves math, I will never understand that. I hate math. And she‘s also one of the cheerleaders.

But then of course there is Emily, lovely Emily. She has dark hair, light skin and green brownish eyes. She gives really good advices, she will probably become a therapist.

And then there is Jason, he has light hair, light skin and blue eyes, he suffers from anxiety, but he‘s getting better. He was bullied in kindergarden and in middle school, it makes us all so sad thinking about it, Jason doesn‘t deserve anything like that, nobody does. I wish we would have known him then, then maybe he hadn‘t been bullied at all, but we just can‘t change the past.

Jason is so tall, he‘s highest of us all. He‘s also such a genius, this one time in school he put  fire in one of the lockers. The smoke went all around the school and everyone thought the school was burning down but  unfortunately it wasn‘t.

Then there is me, I‘m Noah. There‘s not much to say about me, but I have light brown hair, light skin and blue eyes. I play football, just like Danny but he‘s so much better then me but that‘s okay, I dont really care. 

 We are all turning 17 this year, we can‘t wait. School is getting harder though and people are changing but that‘s just life i guess. I actually dont wanna grow older, what will happen then? Things will be so much different and i‘m not sure that i can handle that, can anybody?  

Will we get sadder? Or happier? Ugh I think too much about everything, I overthink everything and make problems in my head that never were there.

I wish i wouldn‘t do that but i just can‘t stop it, it even keeps me awake at night.  “Life is hard“ i say frustrated to myself out loud.

The funeral ~

There was pouring rain, everyone was standing there around emily‘s coffin with umbrellas. Perfect weather for a funeral. Right then I remembered when Cassie told us once something that really touched us all, it was that she felt the rain while others just got wet from it.

Seeing Cassie‘s family cry hurt so much, everyone was crying and sobbing.

“Where is Jason?“ said Amanda frustrated “He‘s always late“ then just when Danny was going to answer her, Jason walked in. He quietly walked to us and didn‘t say a word, we could all see that he had been crying. “Sorry i‘m late guys, my parents were fighting.. again“  said Jason as he wiped his eyes with his jacket.

Listening to the priest made me so relaxed for some reason, and the beautiful piano music playing in the back made me relaxed too, I dont know why i feel like that, I should be crying but I just can‘t cry, I just feel numb.

Cassie‘s brother said so many nice things about Cassie and also her mom and dad but what Emily said was the most heartbreaking;

“You‘re gone now..

but you were always so strong,

the strongest person I have ever known.

Now you are the most beautiful angel up there,

smiling down at us,

we all love your smile,

I hope you never stop smiling.

You‘re in a better place now, resting in peace.

I will love you forever my lovely best friend,

best friends forever,right?

I can‘t wait to see you again,

in heaven.“

Emily‘s voice breaks at the end and she starts crying.

Cassie‘s mom hugs Emily tight and says thank you, Emily smiles “I‘m so sorry“ she says sadly and then walks back to us.

“I‘m glad this is over“ said Emily sobbing, Jason walked up to her and hugged her saying

“We will all get through this, okay?“

“Okay“ said Emily.

“Lets go home guys, can we meet tonight maybe? And just talk“ I said

“Yeah lets to that, we shouldn‘t be alone tonight“ said Amanda. Everyone agreed and we are gonna meet up at Emily‘s house after dinner.

I went home and ran straight to my room, i lie down at my bed, put my headphones on and start listening to music. I wake up half an hour later and my mom is sitting on the bed beside me and asks me

“Noah, are you okay? And how was the funeral?“ 

I nodded yes “The funeral went well“ I said.

She smiles at me and I smile back, then she leaves. I went downstairs and ate dinner. Everyone was very quiet at the table, my sister Kate, sitting against me then asked me

“Do you have plans for tonight?“ I then smiled, she finally said something to me, we don't really talk much, we haven't really accepted it yet that that my mom and her dad are married now.

She's 14 years old, and yes my halfsister so we don't look alike. Her hair is goldish blonde and her eyes are grey and sparkly.

Few seconds later I answer her “Yeah, i‘m going to Emily‘s“  

“Okay, have fun“ she replied.