2

Asim watched as the Fairie Queen squeezed the old woman's neck, and dropped her like a sack of potatoes. The Queen turned and winked at him, and he started toward her. She smiled and vanished, leaving nothing but the ugly feeling of evil in her wake. 

Asim glanced t the woman, knowing full well that she was dead. He clicked his jaw, and spoke,"I got here, and the woman got her neck crushed. The faerie's gone, and I need a cleanup crew." His voice was old, and had a slight accent to it. Egyptian, mostly. Though he had lived in many places, his homeland would always stay with him. 

He saw black shapes forming around him, and decided to Phase back to home. He nodded at his friend, Bennu, and soon he was standing in his room. He checked his watch, groaning. He had about two hours to sleep, an hour to write his report, and then he had to wait and twiddle his fingers until someone else was dumb enough to search in the colonies history. He settled into bed, kicking his pants off and pulling his shirt over his head. He sighed, closing his eyes. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asim ran through the woods, tracing the woman who killed his family. She was laughing, taunting him. This murdurous fairy was just out of reach. 

Their faces flashed in his mind:

Little Habibah, her name meant loved. she was only 6. 

Fukayna, her name meant intelligent, and she was 12. 

Fenuku, his name meant born late. He was also 12, Fukayna's twin. 

Dalila, his mother's name meant gentle. 

Baniti, his father. His name meant teacher. 

Anger surged through him, and he grabbed the faerie's arm. She laughed, and he threw her on the ground. She giggled,"Your so cute when you angry." He slapped her and she giggled again,"Oh, your mad. I should go." She began to fade, and he tried to jump on her, his arms going straight through her body. She blew a kiss in his direction,"See you later, lover boy." And she was gone. 

Amis awoke with a start. Someone was knocking on his door. He wearily leaned over and pushed a button on the remote control by his bed. The door opened, revealing Ausar, his uncle. 

"Amis, get your butt out of bed, you've had enough rest for now. Your needed in comms." He pulled the blanket off Amis and the pillow and threw them on the floor. 'No one has anytime for your crap." 

Amis sighed, standing up and walking into the bathroom. He was used to taking his unle's verbal abuse, and it sounded cruel, but it was comforting to know he cared. He took a hot shower, letting the water run over his body for a few seconds before he got out. 

His uncle was still standing in the middle of the room, though he had picked up the pillow and blanket and threw them back on the bed. "You'll have time to make your bed later," Ausar said as Amis walked towards the bed. "This is important." 

"It always is." Amis muttered, following his uncle towards the coms room. Conversation ceased after that. Most people only glanced at him with fear in their eyes, because he had anger problems. He was always under wierd emotional duress, and always had nightmares. Everyone is afraid of him, mostly because of the bi-polarness, but also because he was, like, 6'8, and weighed 220 lbs. 

They walked into the comms room, and Jahi turned and looked at them. He had a grim look on his face.  "Amis, I'm sorry."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys, 

Sorry about the very very very very late update, not that i ever gave you a schedule, but i haven't had a spark of imagination lately, which is what it's taking to write this book. So, i hope you like it. please check out some of my other ones, thanks.