0.4

calum hood: what animal can also turn into a boat??

luke hemmings: i don't know, what?

calum hood: a giraft!! get it?

luke hemmings: i do, you are hilarious

calum hood: you don't sound very convincing

luke hemmings: you can't hear me??

calum hood: fuck you

Luke chuckled, putting his phone back into his pocket and looked around his classroom. The children were working on a small quiz they had to take that day. He smiled softly when seeing the smartest girl in the class, Vanessa, come up to his desk with her paper.

"I finished!" Vanessa giggled in a whisper, handing Luke her paper with a wide smile. She was personally one of Luke's favorite students, she was a happy and smart girl. He loved that about his students. (a/n: i wouldn't be luke's favorite student lmao)

"Good job, Vanessa! Here." Luke whispered, rolling himself — he was in a spinning chair — to the candy jar that was one a side table by the white board. He reached out and grabbed it, taking the lid of the jar before holding it out in front of Vanessa.

Vanessa put her little hand in the jar and reached for the mini size Sour Patch Kids, whispering a thank you before rushing back to her desk. Luke smiled to himself, about to grab a marker to grade Vanessa's quiz.

Feeling a sudden buzz in his pocket, Luke took his phone from his pocket and rolled his eyes at the text he received from Calum.

calum hood: why aren't you answering me?? i'm so bored

luke hemmings: i kind of have a job to work at??

calum hood: who cares? talk to me

luke hemmings: bye calum

Luke put his phone in the draw of his desk and took to lid off of the marker, setting the paper in front of him so he could grade it. He bit his lip while nodding at all of the answers. They were obviously all right because Vanessa was a smart girl.

He wrote 'one hundred percent' with a smiley face and a sticker. Was it too much? No, Luke loved over doing things. Only when they were necessary. He put the paper to the side and noticed more kids were beginning to finish the quiz.

There was suddenly a knock on the classroom door and the principle came in, Mrs. Parker. She looked at Luke and motioned him to come out of the room. The blonde suddenly grew nervous, what did Mrs. Parker want? Was he getting fired?

"Yes, Mrs. Parker?" Luke whispered, shutting the door behind him.

"There is a phone call for your at the front desk. They said it was your mother, she didn't want to disturb your class." Mrs. Parker informed, brushing her hair past her shoulder.

"I'm sorry, can you watch them for me? Some of them are taking a quiz." Luke asked, when Mrs. Parker nodded, she walked inside of the classroom quietly as Luke walked down the wall and to the front office.

Why in the world was Liz calling him right now? She knew that he was working? Was it so important that she had to pull him out of class and call the phone at the front desk? What if someone died?

Luke grew nervous as he walked up to the front desk and saw the lady who worked there holding the phone. Her name was Bella. She was nice and maybe had a small crush on Luke. She handed Luke the phone and the blonde held it to his ear.

"Hello?"

"Luke! How are you?"

"I'm alright.. I was in the middle of class, mom."