Chapter 2

Audrey's POV://

The bell rang for seventh period to end so Mikey and I walked downstairs to the gyms. "Do you want to come over after the mall and work on the project?" He asked me before we went our separate ways. "Yeah sure." I simply replied going into the girls locker room.

I changed into my practice jersey and spandex. I put my knee and elbow pads on and went to the gym. "Hey girls gather up!" We got in a circle and I gave a pep talk to the team. "1 2 3 Lady Knights!" After our break we began practice.

When practice ended Mikey was outside the gym in his soccer jersey. He looked so hot. His hair was messy and he was sweating a little. I smiled at him when we made eye contact but quickly felt self conscious because I was sweating like a pig, my face was red, and my hair was in a really messy ponytail. I was about to go talk to him when Kylie ran past me and kissed him. My heart sank to my stomach and I went to the locker room. I changed back into my white crop top and jeans. I put my pink floral infinity scarf on and converse. I grabbed my bag and walked out of the locker room.

Kylie walked past me into the locker room smiling and I walked up to Mikey. "Hey." He greeted. "Hey." I replied with smile. There was an awkward silence until Kylie came back. "To the mall we go!" She shouts and we walk to Mikey's car.

Mikey opens the passenger door for Kylie and I get in the back. Mikey gets in the drivers seat and starts the car.

The ride to the mall was awkward. Well for me. Mikey and Kylie just flirt and kissed at every stop light. I honestly thought I was going to puke.

Once we got to the mall Kylie dragged Mikey and I to Forever 21. Mikey went to the guys section of the store and Kylie and I just wondered around the rest of the store. I got a couple of sweaters and a pair of jeans and Kylie bought some t-shirts and a pair of jeans. We met back up with Mikey and the rest of the time at the mall neither one of them would stop to give me the time of day.
            ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Finally after two hours of carrying bags behind Mikey and Kylie we decided to head home. Mikey dropped Kylie off first. I said bye to Kylie and got in the front seat.

"So what's going on between you and Peter?" Mikey asked breaking the oh so uncomfortable silence. "What?" I asked kind of shocked. "Are you and Peter a thing." Mikey kept his eyes on the road. "No we aren't." I made a disgusting face
And I saw Mikey relax a little bit. Why was he so tense?

Mikey looked at me and smiled once we got to a stop light. I could have sworn my heart was about to beat right of my chest. "Do I have something on my face?" I asked giggling a little bit. "No I just-" he was cut off by a car horn. "Oh the lights green." Mikey laughed and started driving again. We finally arrived at his house, I got out of the car and grabbed my school stuff. Mikey did the same and he led me in.

"Welcome to my humble home." He said opening the door. I walked into his house and just looked at it in awe. His house wasn't huge but it wasn't small and the design of the interior was beautiful. His foyer was all white and it opened up to a beautiful living room. To the right of the living room was a beautiful white marble stair case. "You're house is beautiful." I said to Mikey before he showed me upstairs to his room. He opened the door and to my surprise his room was pretty clean. He had three white walls and then one grey on with all of his soccer trophies and jerseys hanging up on it. A king sized bed with grey bedding, a desk on one of the white walls and then a window on the other. He had a very nice room.

"Are you hungry?" Mikey asked setting his stuff down. "I could eat." I set my stuff down too and sat on his bed. "Okay I'll be back." Mikey left the room and began to look at his soccer pictures. There was also a dresser and sitting on top of it was a journal. I picked it up and observed the cover. I was tempted to open it but decided against it. Before I could put it down Mikey walked in. "What are you doing?" He asked taking the journal out of my hands. "I...I was just looking at the cover I swear I didn't open it. I'm sorry." I said quickly. He looked at me with a smile. "It's okay it's just private. As long as you didn't open it it's good." A sigh of relief escaped my mouth. I'm not sure what I would do if that went down any differently. "Let's start shall we." Mikey said in a horrible british accent. "Nice accent." I laughed a little and went and sat on his bed, he sat next to me reaching into the bowl of popcorn he made for us.

After about three hours of doing research and goofing off , mainly goofing off I decided I should probably get home. Mikey and I got into his car and he pulled out of his drive way. My house was maybe ten minutes away from Mikey's and the whole car ride we laughed and made jokes. Before I knew it Mikey had stopped the car. "Thanks for the ride Mikey." I smile at him unbuckling my seat belt. "Any time Audrey, and I noticed you walk to school so do you want me to start picking you up?" He asks me with his award winning smile, and no that is not an exaggeration. "You don't have to and I'm not exactly sure how Kylie would feel about that." Kylie can be a little on the jealous side when it comes to Mikey and honestly I don't blame her. Every girl wants Mikey, and when I say every girl I mean every girl, including me. Wow I'm a bad friend. "I pick her up every morning and if I'm going to be honest with you she makes it awkward. She never talks in the car and when I ask her something she just gives me simple one word answers.  She only really talks to me when other people are around." He said with a bit of annoyance in his voice. Is she really that awkward with him? "Okay, yeah I would like a ride." I smile about to get out of the car. "Wait!" I turn my head around towards Mikey. "Yeah?" "Do you wanna hang out tomorrow? I don't really know you that well and Kylie really wants us to be friends." I laughed because she really does. Mikey and I are more acquaintances then we are friends. "Yeah sure but no project. Please." "No project." Mikey laughed. I stepped out of his car and went inside.

When I got inside I noticed a note on the counter,

Audrey I won't be home for few weeks, work called and I'm going on a business trip to Canada, I'll be home on the 27th. I love you!!
                              ~mom

I sighed setting down the note. I walked to the pantry to grab some Poptarts. While eating my snack and watching tv my phone started ringing. "Hello." "Hey it's uh Mikey, I was wondering what you want to do tomorrow?" "Hey, how about we just watch movies at my house, we can order pizza or take out." "Sounds good, see you then!" Mikey hung up and I just sat there smiling. I know it's wrong for me to like him but there is so much to like about him.

I decided I should probably get to sleep and went upstairs to my room. I laid down and soon enough I had fallen into a deep sleep.