Jaswant Singh Book on Jinnah Revisits the 1947 Partition

Since the release of Jaswant Singh's book on Jinnah and the partition on 18 August , political class in India , historians .media and others , even in Pakistan have been engrossed in the dissection of the book 's contents and claims . The author a senior BJP leader has been unceremoniously expelled and the BJP itself is in turmoil . which could hasten a change of the guard.

A comprehensive survey of views and comments on the Partition of Hindustan, its leaders Nehru, Jinnah and Patel and the last Viceroy Mountbatten and the strategy of imperial powers covers this essay.

Cheers and take care Gajendra Singh . 31 August ,2009 .Mayur Vihar ,Delhi

FOUNDATION FOR INDO-TURKIC STUDIES

Tel/Fax ; 43034706 Amb (Rtd) K Gajendra Singh

Emails; Gajendrak@hotmail.com A-44 ,IFS Apartments

KGSingh@Yahoo.com Mayur Vihar -Phase 1,

Web site. Delhi 91, India.

30 August , 2009.

Jaswant Singh Book on Jinnah Revisits the 1947 Partition by K. Gajendra Singh http://www.boloji.com/analysis2/0478.htm

Why are Indians Afraid of Faulting the Imperialist British

Turmoil and Dissensions in Bhartiya Janata Party

Ever since 18 August following the release of Jaswant Singh's book - "Jinnah: India-Partition-Independence ", there has been a turmoil among politicians, specially in his Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), historians and in the Indian media. Singh, a former Finance, Defense and External Affairs Minister in Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee cabinet was summarily expelled from the party in a graceless manner. BJP leaders are publicly decrying each other and ranged on two sides, those of Hindu hardline organization, Rashtriya Seva Sangh (RSS) antecedents, with hard exclusive Hindutva ideology, and the others, moderate and educated ones like journalist Arun Shourie and Yashwant Sinha, a former civil servant, apart from Singh, all members of Vajpayee's cabinet and close to him in liberal worldview.

Reaction of BJP and RSS

The sarvsanchalak or the chief of RSS Mohan Bhagwat, who controls the BJP, came over to Delhi from the Sangh's headquarters in Nagpur in central India and to stop the internecine squabbling and party's bleeding credibility. But the theatre and the spilling out of the differences and quarrels have cast a shadow on the credibility on BJP stalwart and former deputy Prime Minister Lal Kishan Advani who in spite of direct attacks has maintained a stoic silence. A new and younger leadership is likely to be installed by the RSS bosses in the near future.

BJP acquired power mainly through Advani's divisive and Hindu-Muslim polarizing Rathyatras (chariot rides), demolition of Babri Mosque in Ayodhya and subsequent Hindu Muslim riots, pogrom against Muslims in Gujarat under BJP Chief Minister Narendra Modi and other anti-national acts . Perhaps realizing that the people cannot be misled any more , Advani used his 'discovery' of a secular Jinnah while visiting Pakistan to attract Muslim votes in India, who are now determinedly opposed to BJP and its policies. One can never put anything beyond a politician's quest for power.