miniminter

●Simon●

I looked up at the casket in front of me, tears running down my face.

"She's in a better place man, she's happy now." JJ comforted me, rubbing my arm.

"I don't care Jide. I didn't get to tell her how I felt about her!" I wipe tears off of my face.

"I know Si, and I feel so sorry for you. She loved you and, well, you loved her, but she left us before you could tell her." JJ sighs.

I nod, pulling her last letter out of my pocket.

"I still find it hard to believe it was her writing these for me, and that she's gone." I unfold the letter, letting my tears drop on the paper.

I look up as people start moving, saying their last peice to the lifeless body in the casket.

I step in to the isle, rushing forward to see her one last time.

I smile slightly at the sight of her. She looks so peaceful, eyes closed and a small smile on her face.

Her brown hair lay around her head, her hands placed over the stomach of her white dress.

She looked so at peace, like she was finally happy.

I feel my eyes water as I place a letter of my own in her hand.

As I put the letter in one hand, I quickly took hold the other, Hannah's skin cold and pale.

I place her hand back down and run off before I start crying again.

I sit in the field Hannah and I used to go to as children, remembering all the good memories I had with her.

I smile at the lake in front of me, remembering how we used to jump in during the summer.

"Simon? Simon where are you?" I hear Tobi yell.

"Over here." I call out, looking at the willow tree near me.

"How are holding up? Jide said you just ran off." Tobi sits by me.

"I miss her, like a lot, but I have memories to remember her." I pull the letters out of my pocket.

"Are you going to keep them?" He asks, staring at the paper in my hands.

I nod, "Of course, these will forever remind me of Hannah. The girl I love."

I place them back in my pocket, staring at the field in front of me.

"She told me how she felt, I'm not letting these go."

Tobi nods, understanding what these peices of paper mean to me.

"Her name was Hannah Ann Lewis, and she was the girl who sent me letters."