Chapter 5: The Village of Napples

"Good Morning, Alvin." Milla greeted as she walked into the lobby. Alvin looked up from his musing and waved a hand.

"Mornin', Milla. Had a good sleep?" He asked. Milla pulled a smile and place a hand on her hip.

"Well, it certainly felt nice to rest my body a bit, but," her smile dimmed as she looked away, "I couldn't help but worry about my teammates."

"Your teammates? The army split you into team or something?" Alvin questioned. He was well aware that the Rashugal army had a small faction that specialized in small missions. Milla was, without a doubt, part of it. Although, he didn't know that they were placed into groups.

"Yes. I was teamed with two other. The section I was assigned to mainly dealt with difficult monster exterminations and any inside jobs requested my the higher ups. In a way, it's like being a mercenary." Milla explained. "But, because of how skilled my team is, any time there is a war or battle to be fought, we'd be placed in the frontlines."

"The frontlines? Isn't that just sending you straight to your deaths? With a woman as skilled as you, one would think that they would use their best for last." Alvin said. Milla shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm not particularly liked. In fact, everyone was a bit wary of me for reasons I do not know." she said.

"Huh. I guess you can't always be liked." Alvin said as he leaned back on the post. They slowly lapsed into silence as they waited for the Lord of Spirits, but half an hour later, he still did not show up.

"Where's the kid?" Alvin finally asked, uncrossing his arms and looking around the lobby. Milla did a sweep with her eyes to see if she could find the boy, but he was truly no where to be seen.

"Hm...I'll go check on him."

._._._._._.

The room was awfully silent as Jude slowly sat up. His head was heavy and it didn't even hit him that he was awake. In fact, one could say that he was still half asleep. He sat there for a long moment, staring straight ahead with half lidded eyes. He didn't even snap out of his daze when he heard a knock on his door.

"Jude?" called Milla's voice. "Jude, are you awake? Alvin and I have been waiting for you."

Jude stayed still as his eyes slipped closed and his body slacked a bit. Strangely, he still had no urge to do anything.

"I'm coming in." Milla announced. His door creaked open and he heard footsteps echo off the floor. It wasn't until he felt Milla's hand shaking his shoulder that he opened his eyes again.

"Hey, you alright?" she asked, noticing that Jude's eyes were unfocused. Concerned, she snapped her fingers in front of his eyes, but still received no response. Milla pressed her lips together, feeling a bit of deja-vu. She knew she had to do this a lot with someone before. But who was it...?

"Ah." Milla suddenly figured out what was wrong with the Lord of Spirits. She sighed as she heard a set of footsteps enter the room.

"What's taking you guys so long?" Alvin asked as he looked over to Jude. Milla began to move the covers away from Jude as she answered.

"It seems that he has low blood pressure or something."

"Low blood pressure? You have got to be kidding me. He's the Lord of Spirits of all things! He just can't have low blood pressure." Alvin said, grabbing Jude's white coat. All of a sudden, Jude blinked. The adults watched in slight surprise as he began to officially wake up. His eyes slowly came into focus and his movements were still a bit awkward. He groaned tiredly and finally moved his head to the side.