Chapter Twenty-Eight

Night is falling by the time we make it back to the safe place Ethan had mentioned hours ago. It is a small house standing in the middle of a clearing. Thick trees surround the clearing on all sides, making it nearly impossible for us to walk towards the house, but we trudge forward.

"Shit," I whimper, trying to curl in on myself to stop the pain of the contraction spreading throughout my body, but Erik pulls me back up. Together, my mates help me to walk the last remaining steps onto the porch.

The jangling of keys distracts me from the driving pain, and moments later, the thick wooden door swings open. Erik picks me up into his arms and gently carries me through the front of the house and up a flight of stairs. Ethan is right beside him, whispering soothing words to me while Taylor is giving orders to everyone else.

"W-where are the girls?" I ask once the pain is gone.

Opening my eyes, I see that we are in a large bedroom with a sizeable bed sitting beneath a curtained window. A large pile of baby supplies sits in the left-hand corner next to the closet and a fireplace is to the right of the bed. Micah had managed to escape the arms of the tall blonde beta and is now starting a fire in the fireplace.

"They're fine," Ethan tells me, rubbing the sweaty hair out of my face once Erik gently sets me down on the towels laying on the bed. "We left them here with some toys and Elliot was with them too. Meeka stayed behind to protect them."

"Okay, Liam," Taylor says, walking to the edge of the bed wearing a clean pair of clothes, "you ready to see your baby?"

"Yes, I needed him out of me hours ago," I say with a tired smile. My mates and Taylor chuckle.

"Him?" Erik questions. "How could you possibly know the baby is a boy?"

Turning, I narrow my eyes at him. "Love, how many times do I have to tell you? I have carried this baby for nine months and am about to give birth to it. I think I would know what gender it is going to be."

"They do say mothers have an intuition for knowing the gender before the baby is born," Taylor says, helping me to remove my shirt before gently prodding his fingers along the skin at the bottom of my stomach.

"How much longer?" I ask, feeling another contraction coming on.

It is stronger than all the rest of them, urging me to push, even though there is nowhere for the baby to come out of if I push. My mates sit on either side of me and are holding my hands, offering me as much comfort as they can at the moment. As the pain runs through me and I resist the urge to push, I squeeze their hands as hard as I can and let out a painful cry.

"It looks like it is time," the other omega says.

"Can we help?" a hesitant voice says from the open doorway. "We helped the other pregnant omegas that had passed through the camp."

Turning my head, I see Micah and Allie watching us, both with small smiles on their faces.

"Who's on guard and who is watching the kids?" Ethan asks from my right.

Micah turns to look at him while his sister turns her questioning gaze to Taylor. My friend gives her a quick nod, and she walks over to him, dragging her brother behind.

"Tatum is watching over the kids, while Jesse and Alexis are keeping guard," Micah tells him, stumbling behind his sister.

Taylor gives both of them quiet directions, and they follow them without question. They both quickly change into clean clothes and wash their hands with the hot water over the fireplace before helping me to lay in a comfortable position.