CHAPTER 2

ch 2

'That was strange' Joe thought to himself. He shrugged the encounter off and resumed his normal business. His footsteps were muted by the chatting of others on the street.
Once he made his way back to his workplace, the blacksmiths, he started on Nathan's request. 'Why pigs? I'd much prefer fruits. He is the farmer after all. He could easily fill my request. But no. He just had to have it his way.'
Joe became frustrated. He pondered why the kings son was there.
"Ow!" Joe screeched, gazing upon the fresh cut on his finger from the blade. With a curse, Joe lifted his finger to his mouth. He ran into his house and grabbed a piece of cloth and applied it to his finger.
"Are you alright, honey?" Joe's girlfriend, Alice questioned.
"Yeah, I'm fine." Joe quickly replied. An small mutter was audible that sounded like a "what ever."
Joe cleaned his wound and returned to his anvil. He finished his work with extra care and decided to take a walk in the most dangerous woods around before heading to trade with Nathan. Joe tucked the knife into his pocket.
The Woods of Gapaft is a deadly forest filled with bandits and criminals. Joe has no real reason to go, but he does anyway. He knows that its dangerous, but thats the way he likes to live life.
Joe tip-toed to the entrance, already spotting a body, visibly dead. He also saw a man getting running away from a shadowy figure, but tripping and getting consumed.
Frightened, Joe slowly stepped deeper. Joe heard screams and the rustling of bushes nearby. He just ventured further, feeling more confident in his safety as he went.
Suddenly, Joe was pinned to the ground by a man in a black leather jacket and matching skinny jeans.
"Who are you?" The man asked, not releasing his grasp on Joe.
"I-I'm Joe." He stuttered out. The man chuckled.
"Why hello there Joe. I'm Parker, leader of the bandits. Do you have anything of value on you?" Joe started furiously shaking his head. "I don't believe you. Not for one second. Liam! Zach!" Two men waltzed out of the shadows. One was young looking, wearing a navy blue t-shirt with a leather jacket over top, and black pants.
The other man was visibly older with a beard and a dark read shirt with a leather jacket. He was also sporting black shorts to match his outfit.
"Search him." Parker ordered. Then, Liam and Zach started inching foreword.
"Stop right there!" Yelled a familiar voice. Zack! Parker chuckled like Zack's presence was just another nuisance. "You will leave him as he is! Under the law of King Sean!"
"Have you forgotten? Surely the King's son would remember that the Woods aren't under the King's rule?" With that the bandits tore out swords.
Zack's eyes flashed fear and he shook. Then, Joe remembered the knife. The bandits cornered Zack to a tree.
"So this is how you go, prince. It's a shame, really. But I don't care. Now die!" Parker screamed, lounging at Zack.
"Wait!" Joe yelled, throwing his hand out, aimed at Parker. A dim white orb of light shimmered on Joe's palm. The orb blasted at the bandits, knocking them off their feet.
Joe dashed over to the bandits taking out the knife and hovering it over Parker's neck. With a few seconds of hesitation, the bandits necks were split and blood was quickly pouring out.
"T-thanks. I-I'm sorry I came here and didn't do much in the way of helping you," Zack mumbled out, walking over to Joe. "And I'm sorry I ran away earlier. I was really nervous. The thing is, I'm gay. And I really love you. I know it's strange but you really make me happy."
"Oh, Zack. I have a girlfriend. And plus, I'm not gay." Joe replied, with a sense of empathy in his voice. Zack sighed and moped away.
Joe walked back to his house, cleaning off the blade of Nathan's knife. 'Now I have to resharpen it' Joe thought with a fake sad face, leading to him chuckling.

END OF CHAPTER 2

So this is awks. This might have slow updates... whoops. But I'm sorry? Hope this chapter sufficed for the lack of such. Love ya ✌🏼️✌🏼✌🏼