Chapter 2

As Jordun and I approach my home, I see that he's gone from sad to purely livid at the fact that his bullies were back. My parents were absent as we walked into the house, as usual. My heart rate honestly increased at the sight of the fiery look in his eyes. I had never seen that type of look in anyone's eyes, and I don't know if he had either. Did he know that he had the ability to give me that look? Reassuring myself that he surely wouldn't do anything to harm his own girlfriend, I stand in front of him and rub up and down the length of his arms softly.

I look up into his eyes, seeing the blaring flames of his glare seize. "Do you want to talk about it, Jordun? Is there anything I can do to help you in any way possible?" I ask, trying to keep the burning hot stare at a tamed position.

He looks down at me, his eyes obviously filling back up with tears. He shakes his head sadly, pulling me towards the couch. He sits, pulling me into his lap. As he does this, I smile softly and wrap my arms around his neck. "I realized I haven't been a good boyfriend to you, Janelle. I hope you can forgive me. I need you to help me through this and everything else, and I can tell by the way you're acting that you haven't had such a wonderful day either. I love you."

What in the actual fuck did he just say? Did I hear that? He loves me?

I can't help but smile at the fact of what he had just said to me. This was possibly the best day of my entire life, despite prior events. He leans forward, resting his forehead against mine. I grin at him before returning the 'I love you.' Next thing I know, I was in the loving embrace of my perfect boyfriend. He had then convinced me with only a simple phrase that he was, in fact, perfect for me.

With my head snuggled into his chest, he kissed my forehead ever so softly. I look up at him and smile sweetly. With seeing my cheesy smile, he chuckles. "You're too cute, I swear."

I giggle and my cheeks flush a warm pink. I shake my head, and as soon as I do so, his lips are touching mine. This was the first voluntary kiss we had ever shared, and, along with the moment, it was perfect. It was as perfect as watching the sun rise on a morning at the beach. It was as perfect as he was. I feel his hands rest on the small of my back, and I smile, which breaks the kiss a bit. The warm hands of the dark boy give me a sense of security. I couldn't be happier...I think.