Travel

"Hello," said the strawberry-blond haired girl to the raven-haired boy who had just walked into their compartment. "Do you need a seat?"

"Sure," said the boy quietly.

"I'm Red," offered Red, giving his hand to the boy to shake.

"And I'm Nymph. Short for Nymphadora," the girl explained.

"King," muttered the boy.

"Nice to meet you," Nymph exchanged pleasantly.

"You too," said the boy shyly. "Where is this train going, exactly?"

"You don't know? It's Hogwarts. Didn't you read the letter? Oh, you must be a Muggle-born," chattered Red.

"What does Muggle-born mean?" asked King.

"It means that your parents aren't magical, but you are. Obviously, you're a wizard, since you got through the wall and you got the ticket to know to go through Platform 9 3/4," explained Red.

"I never knew my parents," King mumbled after a few seconds.

"Oh, you're an orphan. I'm real sorry. Who came and explained it all to you? For my uncle, Harry Potter, it was Hagrid, but for You-Know-Who, Dumbledore came."

King seemed to be processing the information. Nymph could see in his eyes that he had so many questions, but he only said, "I don't know who."

"Oh, right. You-Know-Who's real name was Voldemort. Well, it was actually Tom Riddle. He was a Dark wizard, who killed a lot of people, including Uncle Harry's parents. So he didn't know anything about the magical world either, just like you! Anyway, so Harry Potter was the only person to ever survive the Killing Curse, and he was only a baby! Then, Harry finally was the killer of You-Know-Who," Red explained. "He's our uncle!"

"So... I can do magic?"

"Yep," said Red. "You got the letter from Hogwarts, and you made it through the barrier. Sounds like a wizard to me!"

"I- I never got any letter. I just sort of... jumped in here." Right after he said it, King wanted to take back his words. He could get thrown off this train! At the very least, these people were insane. If they were telling the truth, then he had just snuck his way into a magic school.

"Oh well," said Red. "You must be awfully confused."

"Little bit," said King rigidly.

"You'll learn soon enough. All the Muggle-borns start out same as you. And so did Harry Potter, and he turned out to be the hero of the Wizarding World!" Nymph reassured him.

"Ok," said King. He was still unsure, but he had no way out. They sat in silence until a pale face appeared in the doorway.

"Teddy!" chorused the twins. The boy had many silver piercings and light blue hair that stood almost straight up on his head. The boy was wearing what seemed like a black graduation gown with yellow lining.

"Hey, guys!" said the boy in a warm voice.

"This is King," said the twins. "King, this is our cousin, Teddy."

"Adoptive cousin," Teddy said self-deprecatingly.

"Cousin," Red declared. Teddy blushed and smiled wide, showing the black lip piercing.

"So I can do magic? Can you?" asked King, breaking the silence.

"Muggle-born?" asked Teddy.

"I never knew my parents," said King.

"Sorry about that, King. I never did, either. They died in the Battle of Hogwarts, where Voldemort was defeated," Teddy said, sagging his shoulders. "My grandmother took me in, and their uncle Harry," he said, gesturing his head at the twins, "takes care of me a lot, too. He's my godfather," Teddy explained. "And to answer your questions, yes. I can't do magic now, I might get kicked out of being prefect. You'll learn soon enough."