Going out gives me the jitters!

It was a fine sunny afternoon when Jake had got busy with his computer. He had been exploring topics from different fields and filling his mind with all sorts of facts that any other child of his age wouldn't have known about. Everything was going great. But things didn't stay that way for long. There was a loud scream from behind. "Jake! What are you up to?", shouted his mother. "Whatever you are doing, I hope it doesn't include going through stupid sites that have crazy and untrue facts.

Jake and his mother were two different personalities- completely different from each other. Jake fancied learning and studying but his mother detested that idea. She didn't like Jake going all nerdy. She wanted him to be clever but clever as in coming up with different ideas that would help him to do mischief. She wanted him to be the kind of child that would be running around the house most of the time. The kid that would make tiny little explosions where ever he went. The kid that would be remembered for being rotten to the core. In better terms, his mother wanted him to be a little rogue.

But Jake was none of this. Jake was a silent and disciplined boy who could not even be suspected for a trouble-maker. He was decent and liked by everyone due to his kind and moral behaviour. He had a lot of knowledge as he would mostly spend his time learning new topics. He had a world of his own where he could grasp as much as knowledge as he wanted. He was always the first one to raise the hand to answer the teachers questions. He was the kind of child every mother ( except for his own) wanted.

"Jake! I want you to get out and play with your friends. Go and run around,"started his mother. "And don't you dare return home before dusk".

"Yes mom!", he replied. Loathing the thought of having to play outside, he opened the front door. "Goodbye Jake, I hope you come home all sweaty", said Mrs. Screw.

Jake walked outside to a nearby park bench and sat there thinking about what he should be doing next. he could see other kids in the neighbourhood running around and chasing each other right in front of him , just what his mum wanted him to do.

"Hey! If I'm not mistaken, you're Jake", said one of the kids who was playing.

"Yes, I'm Jake Screw", he replied.

"My mum talks about you. She says you're a role model for every child", said the kid.

"Ah, thank you so much. But I didn't recognise you," he replied.

"Oh, I'm Frank. Frank Loch. Would you like to join us", he said pointing at his friends who were still playing.

"No thanks, I don't play much. Not what I like doing. You go, your friends must waiting", said Jake.

"Okay, but if you ever come across a pebble and want to know all about it, you can ask my help," he said.

"Pebbles?"

"Yes, the only topic that I like studying about. Okay Goodbye", said Frank before running back to his friends.

"Pebbles," thought Jake. Why would anyone want pebbles? How could pebbles fascinate anyone ? Pebbles are just smooth round stones. He gave a bored yawn and stood up. he wished he had something better to do. He walked further. After a lot of thinking, he decided he would go to the forest and find some good beetles. His eyes glinted at the thought of finding a good rare beetle. He wanted to take Tom along with him but Tom had already told him that he would be going fishing with his cousins today. Tom was Jake's best friend. They shared a magical relation.

Finally, Jake reached the forest. As he wasn't used to so much of walking, he was feeling tired. He hurriedly sat beside a statue of a lion sitting on it's haunches. He looked around and saw many trees that had the possibility of finding a beetle. But that didn't satisfy him. He wanted to go deeper. Although there were black clouds hovering above, which looked quiet omnimious, he wanted to explore more and more of it. So he went on. He kept on moving until he had reached the very centre of the forest. He had even found some insects like common beetles, locust and unique caterpillars. He was playing with a brightly coloured ladybug when it started pouring. He tried to shelter under a tree but the water would still drip from some parts. He wanted to go home. He was already peckish. He tried to think pragmatic but he as stuck. He thought of running very fast and finding a better shelter. He now ran as fast as his legs could take him. But everything went in vain. He couldn't find a better place. However, assembling all his guts, he ran further and luckily he found a small old hut. It looked very tattered but at that moment it could keep him dry. So, without taking note of any further situations, he took a step inside the hut.