Chapter 8

CONNOR

Voices could've been heard even before I stood by our front door. Angry, loud voices, some screams, barely audible slurs. Neighbors were going to kill us if they wouldn't shut up. I'd try knocking, but no one would hear me anyway. All left was a struggle to take keys out of my jacket while balancing two full paper bags in one hand. Before my hand found a cold metal, two bottles already made it to the ground, thank God, without a harm.

I opened the door to see six idiots divided into fractions. Each group stood on the other side of the apartment. They were looking at each other as if the other ones have just killed a puppy with their bare hands. Lia had a phone in her hand. I didn't think they saw me coming in.

-We are not ordering jalapeno pizza, this shit is spicy as fuck,- Ricky shouted at the top of his lungs.

-Well at least it's better than your Hawaiian abomination,- Jc snapped. I went to the fridge to unpack bags full of beer bottles.

-It's delicious and you don't cry while you eat it!- Kian was losing it. Clinging bottles seemed to focus everyone's attention on me.- Tell them, Connor!

-Hello to you too.- I carried on unpacking bags. At such moments, I wondered why we were even flatmates.

-Connor, make them stop! I'm starving,- Shelby cried out. She was the only person in this room who seemed unfazed with the pizza dilemma. I was about to say something, but then my phone rang.

-In a minute, okay?- I escaped the room before she got a chance to answer.- Halo?

-Heyyy,- Tyler sang to the phone.

-Hey Ty, what's up? -I sat down by my desk and opened a laptop to edit some photos. After all, multitasking is a key, isn't it?

-Not much, just wondering if you remember we're coming over.

-Of course, how could I forget. -It's not like he's been sending me messages for the last three days, not at all. -When will you show up?

-We'll be there in twenty. Troye! -Tyler opened some door so loud the noise made me move a phone away from my face. -Wake up!

The other voice swore, annoyed.- You wish, Troye boy.

-You can join us later if you want to. -All I needed in this life was to become a reason for Tyler's fight with someone I didn't even know yet. Imagine the introduction: Hi, I'm this guy who made your life with Tyler a living hell.

-No, I swear, we'll be on time. Get ready, sleepy princess, we're going out. -In my mind, I thanked Heaven above for not putting me in one flat with Tyler. No matter how much I liked the guy, living under the same roof with him could make anyone lose their temper. How Phil managed to do this for so long was beyond me.

-I'm not going anywhere. -The other voice finally became audible.

-Well, not in this outfit, that's for sure. -More noise, more of Tyler's laughter, more growling.

-Did someone ever tell you you can't just look into other people's closets without asking? -My lips curved into a smile against my will. Troye must've been something, to talk to Tyler like that. Good.

-What's going on? -I felt like Tyler forgot he was on his phone. Not like I was complaining about the lack of entertainment.

-Nothing, it's just Troye being a little bitch.

My eyebrows flew up in surprise. -Wow, someone who has enough character to make you call them a little bitch? I must meet them.

Tyler laughed. I knew this laugh. I heard it every time he was talking with some boy or was trying to get one's attention. -You do, you really do