Chapter One

"Mom why do we have to move again?" Anna said desperately, she didn't want to move again. Anna had gone to that school long enough that she had friends, good  friends. She didn't want to lose that.

 "Because I told you, I got a job in Minnesota." Anna's mom, Jennifer, said in an angered tone.            

"Do you even know what city?" 

"Of course."   

"Then what is it? I'm eager to know."

"It's Moorhead."

"That sounds stupid, I've never even heard of it."

"Well if it helps,  it's right next to Fargo."

"How does that make it any better? I don't know what 'Fargo' is either!" Anna clenched her fists. She wanted to know why her mom choose Moorhead.

"Isn't Moorhead good enough for you!" Jennifer said almost yelling.

"I just wanna know why you chose Moorhead!"

"I didn't chose anything! My boss did!"

"Erg! Why can't you just fucking quit!"

"You do not talk to me that way. We are leaving tomorrow and you have no say in it. Go to your room!"

"Fine!" Anna ran up the stairs skipping every other stair. She ran in her room and jumped on her bed. Wile hugging her pillow as tight as she could, Anna screamed at the top of her lunges and cried herself to sleep.

The next day, Anna woke up at about ten-thirty. She took a shower and got dressed in a black PTV tank and black skinny jeans with black high tops. She packed up the rest of her stuff and made some bacon and eggs. Anna's mom came down about when she was finished washing the dishes.

"Feel better about moving?"

"No. I have friends here! This isn't fair!"

"Calm down. This is happening whether you like it or not. We're leaving at eleven-thirty." 

Anna walked up to her room slowly and carefully as if she'd wake up someone. She remembered the only thing she left in her room. It was a string of Polaroid pictures she took of all the things she never wanted to forget. Her best friend Maddie, her ex-boyfriend Leo (Anna was still in love with him) and her and her cats. Anna carefully took down the pictures one by one and set them in a box that held the rest of her room decorations.

Once Anna and her mom packed all of there stuff, they grabbed lunch at a Steak and Shake. Anna got a chocolate malt and bacon cheeseburger, her mom got a veggieburger and a cherry coke. They drove until eleven and then stopped at a motel called Diamond Bull. The room was cerulean, there were two full sized beds and the curtains were caramel.

"I'm going to sleep." If Anna was asleep, she wouldn't have to think about losing her friends. She had only just accepted that she was moving now. She didn't tell her friends.

"Shit! I haven't told anyone."Anna ripped her phone out of her backpack and called everyone of her friends. She had a intense crying session with all of them. Finally, she got to Leo's number. She was completely, utterly and entirely in love with him.

"Hello?" Leo hadn't blocked her number.

"Hey. It's Anna. I just wanted to say I lov-um... I'm moving."

"Oh. I'm sorry..." He didn't give a fuck.

"I'm also dying."

"Oh. Good for you."

"Fuck you Leo. Fuck you and your stupid Insane Clown Posse shit! I hate you!"

"DON'T BRING VIOLENT J INTO THIS!"

"SHUT UP! YOU'RE JUST A PREPUBESCENT WANNABE SCENE KID!" Anna had enough of Leo's shit. She cussed him out a few more times, hung up and threw her phone across the room. That was enough to wake her mom up.

"Sorry for waking you. Just go back to sleep." Anna didn't want to have to explain why she had thrown her phone so hard against the wall, her screen cracked. The next day Anna put on the clothes  she had worn the previous day. She and her mom went to a cafe called Fat Cat Coffee for breakfast.

"Yet another day of driving." Anna said in a sarcastic tone, not meaning to be sarcastic.

"We should be there by ten."

Anna and her mom stopped a McDonald's for lunch. And sure enough, they were there by ten. The house itself was a golden yellow with a ridiculously large driveway that looks like it could fit five cars. When you first walk in the door there is a room that is probably supposed to be both the living room and the dining room. If you go straight, there is the kitchen. If you take a left down the stairs, one could only describe as 'straight out of a horror movie'. If you took left from the living room there is a hall way that leads to three bedrooms and a bathroom. The first room on the left was the second biggest room, it was a jade green. The second room on the left is the biggest room, it was a light lavender. At the end of the hallway is the smallest room, it was a antique white.

The next day was Monday. The first day at Anna's new school. She wanted to make a good impression, so...Spongebob tank, black skinny jeans and black high tops with a black choker and a golden heart charm with Moon Child engraved in it, on a golden chain.

Anna got into the front seat of her mom's grey minivan. She was jittery and had butterfly in her stomach but that didn't distract her. Anna was hell bent on making friends and she wasn't going down without a fight.