Prologue: The Mistake

*** Cole William's POV***

I was patiently waiting for Holland, my girlfriend, I am gonna surprise her for our 1st anniversary together, I already planned this months ago I bought her a sleek BMW from the money I saved for years and I will bring her to a fancy restaurant where we can talk about our relationship.

While I am sitting in a bench I saw two figures which is really familiar it is a boy and a girl, the boy is wearing a jeans and a white t-shirt while the girl is wearing a beautiful red dress. When I look closer that's when I realise that the girl is Holland and the boy is no other than my best friend.

I immediately hide and try to hear what they're talking about.

"I really hope that Cole will forget about our anniversary, I don't want to see his nerdy face again." I heard Holland said.

"Why don't you just break up with him and be with me Holly, that's what you want right? I'm a jock and he's just a nerd, I'm rich while his poor. and you like my kisses more than his, admit it."

"Yeah, yeah whatever you say Mason"

"Admit it"

"Alright, you're a great kisser, happy?"

"Absolutely' Mason said while chuckling.

I notice how their eyes twinkle because of happiness but I can't help to notice there is a glint of mischievousness.

"You know I love you right?" Mason asked

"Yeah! And I love you too"

That exact words that Holland said had made my world crumble right in front of my own eyes and tears streaming down my face.

The love of my life declaring her love to my poor excuse of a friend.

Disappointed. Sad. Hurt. But most is Anger...

***Holland Jones POV***

After I said those horrible words I feel disgusted at myself, but I don't have any choice my dad can take off Cole's scholarship with just a snap of his fingers, hence, he can even destroy him if he wants to.

I love him that's why I will protect him, whatever happens to me, I don't care.

~Flashback~

I was just sitting in my bed, writing a love note for my secret boyfriend, Cole. When my dad barged in without permission.

"What's this thing I heard from my friends?" Dad said, fuming with anger.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, oblivious to the meaning behind those words.

"I will never know that you have a boyfriend behind my back when it wasn't because of my friends."

"Dad, umm... I-I I don't know what you're talking about." I stated nervously.

'SLAP'

"Realy , you don't know what I'm talking about?" My dad asked oh so sarcastically.

"Dad please just let it be I love him, you can't stop us, please" I said all the while sobbing.

"Oh, honey you don't know what I'm capable of. I can destroy his future when you don't break up with him."

I gasped in shock "Dad you can't do that"

"Oh yes I can, and I will" said my dad. (Yeah, yeah more like shouted)

"Okay, what do you want me to do? I'll do anything just dont hurt him, please I beg you"

"I want you to break up with him in your anniversary day and I want it so bad he will never dare to be in your life again"

"Dad please don't do this, we will make things right just stay out of this." I said almost pleading and sobbing.

"I will never just step out of this, you're my daughter and I will do anything for you, trust me on this I just want what is best for you."

Still sobbing I finally agreed...

~End of flashback~

After I remember that scene a few months ago I become a sobbing mess again. I can't believe my dad can be that cruel to take me and my boyfriend apart. He knows I love Cole very much that he used it as an advantage against us.

'What would happen when my dad isn't that over protective, will me and Cole still be together now' I thought and sighed.

I cried so hard until I felt sleepy and eventually fell into a deep slumber, still dreaming of what could have happen if my dad didn't stop our relationship.

I would never let anyone hurt Cole, but what I don't know is I'm the one who hurts him badly.
_________________________________
___________________

A/N: Hello guys! This is my first story so please understand my lack of experience...

Photo of :
Nina Dobrev as Jessica Jones and Ian Somerhalder as Cole Williams

Song for the chapter:
Where are you now