MOVING

Give it a chance.

I stepped out of the midnight blue SUV, into the cool October wind. I gazed around and immediately saw where I would be living from now.

The huge white, grey and blue house, rose up about fifteen feet away from me. Grand pillars supported the three storey palatial house. The front door , made of dark wood, opened and a lady who looked to be in her mid thirties stepped out of house. She wore a pair of blue jeans and a pale yellow jumper with matching flats. Her pixie- cut black hair framed her heart shaped face. She bounced up to me and pulled me into her arms, instantly wrapping me in a warm hug. She pulled away and held me at arms length.

"Oh sweetie, you have grown so tall."she said, examining me from top to bottom. I idly wondered when she had seen me.

I smiled shyly up at her, not knowing what else to do. Even in flats she was taller than me, making me have to look up to meet her eye. Her blue eyes shone with happiness. For what, I don't know. A strong breeze blew by and I involuntarily shivered.

"Lets get you inside ,alright."she said, grabbing my wrist and pulling me behind her into the mansion she called home.

I followed her , trying not to wince at her fingers dabbing into a bruise on my wrist. The inside of the house was homey yet sophisticated. It exerted the cosy feeling of a well loved house. The front door opened into a foyer that parted in ways to what I assumed was the living room, kitchen and other necessities of a house.

"Are you hungry? Do you want to eat first or see your room?"she asked, suddenly turning around. I only just caught myself from crashing into her. She grinned sheepishly when she saw what happened.

"Umm..can I unpack first?" I asked, softly.

"Sure come on, I decorated your room , hope you like it."she said, trying to sound nonchalant , but I noticed the hopeful tone in her voice.

I nodded my head, knowing I would like it no matter what. Nobody had ever done something for me, so this felt like a great change. A grand staircase ended the passage we were passing through. She let go of my wrist and started climbing upstairs, me following a step behind her. The stair led to another long hallway ,that seemed endless, with doors on either side. She walked to the away and motioned me to follow. We passed by many doors , some open and some closed, before she reached a white door. My name was spelt on the door in a dark maroon colour.

"This is your room."she said, gesturing to the closed door. She opened the door and instantly a gasp fell through my lips.

I stepped into the room and twirled around. The room was beautiful. The walls were painted a light blue with dark trimmings. Large windows, framed with light blue curtains, showed off the huge backyard which sported a swimming pool, a basketball court and a football field. Two smaller doors led of from beside the windows. A king sized bed with light blue covers sat in the centre , a matching rug , couch and desk scattered around the room. Bookshelves sat on either side of the desk. A dresser sat across the desk and a plasma screen hung on the wall opposite the couch. A Mac book sat proudly on the desk.

I turned around and faced Clarissa , a smile making its way on my face.

"This room is amazing. You didn't have to do this." I said and saw the immediate relief on her face.

"I wanted to to. Its not everyday I get a girl to spoil."she said and I immediately wondered how many kids she had. The man who had driven me from the airport suddenly came up behind her.

"Excuse me ma'am."he said, his hands holding my box. I found it sad that sixteen years possessions could be stored in two boxes and a duffle bag that currently rested on my shoulder. Clarissa moved out of the way and he placed the boxes on the ground and walked out the room.

"Why don't you unpack and settle down? I will call you down when dinner is ready."she said, once he had disappeared , smiling at me. I nodded my head and with another smile she turned around and left the room closing the door behind her. As soon as she left the smile slipped out of my face and a lone tear fell down. Sighing I wiped the tear away and set about unpacking my belongings.

......................................................................................................................

That's the first chapter. Hope you liked it. Please vote, comment , share and message me about your thoughts..

Thank you

{ edited}...