XV_ "We Survive"

*FIVE DAYS IN*

03:00pm

~Jamou~

I was young. At heart, at mind.

It came over me. And I don't know why. She was burning in the cabin. I was with her. And I watched her suffer.

Part of it was because I was jealous of her, of her relationship with Musty and how she'd steal him from me. It sounds stupid. But Musty and I grew up together and I never thought things would change. But they did.

Nez. She was in pain. It all happened so fast and it was as if I had no control over myself. It was as if my body had already decided to run when the roof collapsed.

The whole thing reminded me of when Shaimaa died. Then, we were climbing down from the ropes, down from the cliff. Infected were coming and she was still strung up. Vaios, he pulled her down, he let her stumble onto the hard, stiff dirt where she was eaten, torn to her massacre.
That's when we fled. Everyone at Bivious. We were scared. There was so many faces of bleak death. She screamed as we left her. She screamed for us, just like how Nez screamed for me.

Musty'll never forgive me. This friendship he had with Nez was complicated. But it may have been more than just a simple complication. I didn't mean to. But all these things seemed to come flooding back to me and I was hating myself for it.

Dimerous was my fault too. But that was only because Frankie was there. And I intentionally tried to kill him. Messing with the engines and wires was intentional, yes. But when Brendon joined their bus. I knew how wrong the situation was. But I really needed my revenge.

I had always been a good person, before the outbreak. But everything was crumbling around me and I wasn't sure I could be the model student I was said to be.

I was young. At heart, at mind.

___

The dusky, swarming heat of the air licked their skin. Hot though sunlight was no where to be seen. Instead there were clouds representing the waving and scrunched emotions the group felt.

"Okay," Manav rummaged through his things while talking to Rocky, "I'm ready. You?"
"Yeah, uce. Josh and Justin too. Ready when you are."
"Not you, we need you here to watch over the camp with the others and our supplies."
"Ah. Okay, anything else?" Rocky said raising his brows.
"I've already wrote out a list."
"Where?"
"Up here," Manav put a finger to his head, "We're going to need a group, I mean- Obviously. But we need people, fit, strong and up for anything running-wise."
"What's that mean?" Rocky said.
"They need to be runners. Good ones. I'm thinking a good four; Me, Justin, Musty and Josh."

"I wanna' come too." Feyza said, plain faced.
Rocky and Manav clicked to see each other and chuckled.
Ignoring her, Manav slung his 'firefly high' pack across his back, "Rocky, can you tell the four to meet me at post?"
Rocky nodded and hobbled off. Manav moved towards the wooden bench they had created. Fiddling with the daggers he had laid out.
Feyza stood behind him, awaiting response.

"..." Feyza shook her face impatiently, "You're going out to get food. I want to come too. I need to. For Hayden, a good friend of mine..."
"Feyza, you can't be serious." Manav laughed.
"I am."
Smiling, Manav spun to see her, "You're a girl though, don't you want to stay here? Safe?"
"Being a girl has nothing to do with it."

She pushed him aside and pulled a dagger, slipping it into her pocket she spoke again, "Now are we doing this or what?"
He sighed a stressful sigh and rubbed the back of his head, "Okay."