The Turtle's Journey!

This is definatly one of my most odd stories! Its completely random and doesnt really make sense, but I hope you love it as much as I do! <3

There once was a turtle, who swam a long ways across the entire Pacific Ocean. She was very tired and was ready to lay her eggs, so she went on shore to the nearest island she could see. She dug a hole and was just about ready to lay the eggs, when she heard an awful ruckus from down the island. Unable to start, she walked over to the other side of the island and investigated. She sniffed the most unusual smell and following her nose, she ran straight into the leg of a pirate! The evil pirate picked her up and snatched her shell right away from her. She reached and reached for her shell, but she just wasn’t tall enough.

The pirate laughed at her attempts and sneered, “You’ll never get you’re shell back, not as long as I’m alive!” The turtle then bit the pirate and the pirate yowled in pain.

 “That’s it, you pesky little lump of waste! Back in to the ocean you go!” The pirate picked her up again and with a mighty swing, he flung her straight into the deepest part of the entire ocean.

Wandering helpless for days, the turtle was confused and vulnerable. The only thing that protected her from the creatures of the abyss, was the repulsive air she gave off as the predators passed her. Nobody, not even the foulest of the foul wanted her. She knew the only way to return to her family was to get her shell back, but without her shell she was neither strong, nor sneaky. She needed help, and help was one thing nobody wanted to give. She was just about ready to give up, when she saw a mermaid swim up to her.

“A turtle who lost her shell?” she asked questioningly. The turtle nodded.

“That’s just too sad. I lost my pearls to a pirate and I haven’t been able to find my way back because of it,” The mermaid said. The turtle nodded her head vigorously and the mermaid looked confused. She tried to reenact what happened on the island, but it only made the mermaid more and more confused.

“You’re trying to tell me something about your shell aren’t you,” the mermaid asked. The turtle nodded once more.

“Hmm… Let me think. Your shell was taken by somebody?” The turtle nodded.

“And this somebody was evil?” The turtle nodded. 

“I got it! Your shell was taken by the same person who took mine!” The turtle nodded with extreme emphasis.

“How about we help each other out and get both of our belongings back?” The mermaid asked enthusiastically. The turtle nodded and both of them started to devise a plan.

Hours later, both the mermaid and the turtle were already on the far side of the island. Having come up with a plan, both of them were excited to finally be able to return home.  The mermaid mouthed “go” and the turtle walked right up to the pirate and “fainted.” The pirate picked up the turtle and stared at it.

“This thing doesn’t have an ounce of value on it,” he stated as he threw the turtle on the ground. The pirate began looking for something new to pilfer and turned his attention away from the shell-less turtle. The turtle then snuck past him and grabbed the first set of pearls he could find and ran quickly back to the mermaid.

“These are my sister Edna’s!” she gasped. “Either way, they’ll work just the same.” She raised the pearls high above her head and thunderous storm clouds roared in.

“This ‘otta teach him a lesson,” She smiled triumphantly. Just then, a large bolt of lightning struck down of the pirate, killing him in an instant.

“People should know better than to mess with a mermaid,” she yelled. “Daddy gets angry real easily.” The mermaid reached over to the pile of treasures and handed the shell back. The turtle nodded gratefully and returned to the ocean to swim back to his home. The mermaid tuned around as a massive figure appeared out of the sky.

“Now we have dinner!” she said enthusiastically, as she picked up the lifeless figure.

“Come darling,” the God called to her. “Tell me the story of this turtle you sought so eagerly to help.”

“Did you pick up any more food on your way?” she asked.

“Only a few sailors,” He said as they both returned to a chariot in the sea.

“Thank you Daddy,” she said. The God only nodded.

The turtle returned to crowd of welcoming turtles. A message has already relayed to them of the bravery of a turtle who lost her shell. She told her story over and over to a crowd of on looking younglings. Her story was a lesson to all; never underestimate the power of a turtle without a shell.