Day 2

"Okay, that's all for today. Class dismiss." Class ended and everyone stood up before our teacher can get out of the room, except me and my seat mate, Eiyou Hana-san. Ever since that talk about death, we didn't really speak to each other again. I tried talking to her but she kept avoiding me. This time, Im going to try again.

"Uhm..Eiyou-san—"

"Shinichi-kun! let's discuss about the competition!" Someone called to me with a high pitched voice, it was Karin-san. She grabbed my arm then started to walk outside the room. Why does she insists on this competition anyway? We reached the stairs, I mustered up my courage and pulled my hand.

"Karin-san! Why would you pick me to be your partner?" She was shocked then faced me. Her short blonde hair swayed as she wiped her face with her palm.

"I thought that if you join the competition, you could have more friends you know? And they'll not bully you anymore." She said with a proud tone.

"Thanks for your concern, but I don't want many friends, one is enough." I declared but she only smirked.

"One? And who is that 'one friend'?" She laughed a bit. Who is the 'one friend' anyway?

"Eiyou Hana." I only answered what I came to my mind.

"Eh? That freak? Maybe she has already taken pictures of you secretly." She said with that damn smirk.

"Don't speak like that about her!"

"Opps!" She covered her mouth, her eyes directed behind me. I turned around.

"Eiyou-san!" I called to her but she already run downstairs. She was shocked, I saw it in her face. I turned to Karin-san who is still smirking, amused of what happened.

"I'm not joining that damn competition, period." I said, finality evident in my voice. Her smirk grew wider. I just stared at her before I run to catch up to Eiyou-san.

"Good luck dealing with that freak!" She shouted then went on her merry way. I don't give a damn about her from on.

I searched everywhere for Eiyou-san. In the school garden, the club rooms, the gym, the comfort rooms but I still can't find her. Where in the world is she? I decided to take a break, I went to my usual place during lunch time, the stairs near the gym, where I first talked to Eiyou-san.

A part of me is hoping that she will be there, resting or perhaps waiting. I kept my hopes high as I walk pass the last corner to the stairs. There she was sitting, watching the afternoon sky. Should I disturb her? Or should I keep my distance?

After series of argument inside my brain, I chose the latter and approach her. "Eiyou-san." She turned her head to my direction, shocked. We are a meter apart and I can see her gray eyes looking at my jade eyes.

"About ear-"

"Do you really mean what you said?" She asked still looking as my direction and still smiling. She ran her fingers on her long black hair. I just stood there, wondering how should I say it. Sigh, It's now or never.

"I mean it! And I don't care if they find me weird or if they'll bully me too!" I shouted with eyes closed. There goes all of my courage.

"Then its fine." She stood up then started to walk towards my direction, her bag in hand, she walks like a zombie then I noticed she's pale and her lips is dry and colorless.

"Eiyou-san—"

"Hana will do." She said in a weak voice then collapsed. Thank goodness she was near enough so I can catch her.

"Hana! Hana! Wake up!"

~*~

Third Person POV

"Huh? Where am I?" Hana woke up feeling light headed.

"Ah! You're awake, you're in the clinic dear, I told Shiba-kun to go home since its already late." A middle aged woman entered the clinic, carry a clipboard with her.

"Thank you, nurse Jun." Hana stood up, fixed the bed, then turned to face nurse Jun.

"I think you should tell him." Nurse Jun sat on her swivel chair while facing Hana.

"Someday, I'll probably tell him." Then she bid goodbye to nurse Jun and exited the clinic. She know that someday she should tell him but she doesn't know when that someday we'll come.

-------

Hi! Long time no update eh? I'll update this story often from now on. Thanks for reading this story! (If there's still someone reading)(థ_థ)

Titan hugs to you guys!ヽ≧ⅴ≦ヽ

Nekoneechan