Chapter 1

"Ow, careful where you're stepping Chrys!" a hushed and indignant whisper was heard in the darkness.

"Sorry Ana but some of us can't see in the dark like you!" a voice replied in a voice which seemed more melodical than the hiss that preluded it. "Wait, I think I found the display case!"

"Then open it!" the hiss sounded again as Annora impatiently prodded her companion.

"I will but it's taking longer than I thought and I might break my lockpick since it's so dark," Crystal replied.

"Then move out of the way!" was the reply as she was pushed out of the way and into a nearby clothes rack. She started to pull herself up as her compatriot worked on the lock when she looked at what she had grabbed when she fell.

"Hey Ana, look at this dress! It would look so cute on you!"

Annora turned around and started, "Chrys, we are on a missi- Oh that is cute!"

"I know right! Come on lets see what else they have!" was said as the rustling of fabric increased as the girls moved away from the lock they were picking.

"Ana look at this one! Won't I look fabulous in it!"

"Oh! I found the perfect shoes for that! give me a second!"

"That's great because I found shoes that match your dress!"

"Best day ever Chrys!"

"I know right I can't even remember why we were... originally........here."

There was silence for a few seconds before Ana spoke up, "I'll get the target if you get the clothes."

"Deal."

And as such one girl went to the display case while the other grabbed a bag for their "purchases". Soon they were ready to leave and they headed out making sure to turn the alarm back on as they passed.

"Ana let me see the necklace," The musical voice said once they were a safe distance away. The voice belonged to a woman of average build with auburn hair and dark blue tips. The yellow light barely added any color to her pale skin which contrasted her black hoodie, skinny jeans, and high tops. Her eyes sparkled like ocean sapphires as her friend handed her the necklace.

Unlike her, Ana had light blonde hair that curled in a way which reminded one of snakes. She much like her friend was of average build and had pale skin that contrasted the black clothing she wore. However her eyes were more like the finest emeralds as they reflected the light with the matching scales that dotted her skin and needed magic to hide.

The two walked marveling at the necklace they had procured when an idea flashed into Annora's head. "Hey, I think I know where I've seen those markings before."

"What markings?" Crystal asked as a bewildered expression appeared on her face.

"See the ones around the edge of the jewel," the blonde pointed as they walked. "I've seen them in the Book of the Oracle's."

This made the other stop in her tracks as she stared at her friend. "The Book of the Oracle's is forbidden without consent from the Head or the current Oracle."

"Relax, they never actually check up on it," Ana shrugged it off. "They assume that no one will dare go near it."

"But still what if you got caught?!" Chrys whisper shouted as she sped up to again be level with her friend.

"They didn't and they won't catch me when I go again tonight," was the reply.

"Tonight!" This time it was a full on yell. "Are you insane! What is even so important that you need to go now!?"

"I'm curious, I mean look at those markings. Are you seriously saying you aren't curious?"

The tawny girl stopped yet again before yet again hurrying up and walking next to the blonde, "Fine, but if we get caught then I'm blaming you."

"Deal!" Ana said as she flashed her snakish grin to her companion.

The two women walked into the darkened room flipping the light on as they passed. Annora walked to the middle of the room where a pedestal was placed which had an enormous tome positioned upon it. She stepped forward and lifted the cover and started flipping through the pages.

Chrys stood beside her friend and while each page went by she felt an ever increasing sense of trepidation. The fluttering of the paper was the only sound that could be heard as the prophecies flashed by. Finally Ana's hand stilled as a page came into view that held the same symbols as the necklace as well as an inscription.

"This is it," Ana whispered as her fingers traced the words.

"When the blood moon rises

the darkness shall combine

the dead shall rise

and the living shall die

A Stone shall appear

a lead the bearer near

the gateway of the damned

and change what has been planned"

A hush fell upon the girls as they took in the warning and seriousness that came with the prophecy that had been read. A sense of foreboding was evident as they thought over the words and meanings.

"To think, there was another apocalypse prophecy," Annora started. "I had thought that I had already seen all of them."

"Well obviously not," came the reply. "But why would this one come to light now, and why would we find something that is obviously related to it on our mission."

"Because they knew it was coming soon, we aren't the only ones who have premonitory powers," the blonde continued. "They need this necklace because its extremely important and that is why they sent us on what seemed to only be a simple theft. They had no choice but to procure this and they couldn't mess up."

"I guess it was too good to be true that we would be sent on a low profile mission," Crystal sighed as she pulled her hair out of her face. "Oh well at least it gives us a headstart on what's happening."

"Yeah they need to stop underestimating us," the other added. "After all they don't even give us the credit to find a link to an apocalypse when we were supposed to steal a necklace and leave."

"Do you think they even know we have access to the prophecy?"

"Definitely not, they're too dense to-" Ana was cut off suddenly as her phone started to ring with a call from their employers, Caladrius Corporation.