City of Love

Have you ever felt so safe and serene in a place full of flashing lights?

Where you can see heart-warming smiles from people along with their families passing by you, chiming laughter from friends kidding around the festive plaza, and buzzing of old folks at a famous café chatting about how their lazy day went by?

Have you ever been to this heavenly place where the people sometimes jokingly say, one might find love when you cross the street and turn at the first corner towards the tower?

Have you ever been in the city of love?

Now are we on the same page?

Yes, the one and only lovely city of Paris.

Have you?

I just arrived at the city that's been on the top of my bucket list since what, like junior high?

After working my ass off being in a career that needs dedication, service, and like your whole life being immersed in it for you to give your profession some justice. At last, a blazing one week vacation in the city I dreamed for years and years.

It's still too early for me to slack at my room and being a sloth in my bed.

Yes, jet lag. It really kills me.

But come on people! This is Paris!

I have planned my itinerary like, months before I decided to truly go for this break from my stressful work.

I went to the veranda of the room I'm currently staying at. I spread my arms wide and let the cool breeze touch my skin.

A wide smile crawled upon my face as I see the magnificent view just by the park, where the sun sets behind the trees casting some shadows on the ground. It's so beautiful.

I closed my eyes for a moment. Feeling the enjoyment this place gives me.

After a few seconds, I opened my eyes, I searched for that one structure I wanted to have a 'selfie' with before I die *knock on wood*.

Aha, the marvelous Eiffel Tower standing proudly at the center of the city, right before my very eyes!

I couldn't contain my excitement and took a quick shot with it, posing in front of my iPhone with the legendary peace sign that everybody does when taking a photo. I took a quick look at the picture, being satisfied with the outcome I posted it instantly on my Instagram account.

Feeling content with the rest that I had, I decided to head out and grab my dinner.

I sighed at the beauty in front of me.

It's very refreshing to walk on the streets free from worry, free from problems, and free from work. (I'm making it seem that I hate my job, but believe me, I love it with my whole heart *wink wink*)

As I arrived at the place, the waiter handed me the menu and I went for the restaurant's special dish. Of course I got some pasta too and asked some wine to compliment it with.

As I was having my dinner, the owner, being a fan of soccer, switched his television on, right on time, the game was just about to start.

The diners enjoyed watching as well, since the battle was between France and the world champion, Germany.

It was already half-time and a commercial break went on, November 13, 2015, Friday, 9:30 p.m. the date and time was flashed at the screen and a news report about the game was shown. Friday the 13th I said to myself but then shrugged the thought off.