Prologue : tic-toc tic-toc tic-toc

Ruki's POV

Its been two months since I had went back in time. I had prevented my near death that would lead to my brother's insanity and eventually, the destruction of our family.

Mom still hasn't gone home and I still haven't seen or heard any news about Dad yet but I'm glad that we were all still together in a sense and me and Reita were still both together and sane.

The watch, on the other hand, lose its power. I can no longer affect the state of time an object has nor can I make creatures alive by mere touch. I'm practically a simple human being with no trace of Alice in my system.

Actually, there was nothing that would even indicate I was part of the experiment. My milky, grey eyes were back to its usual warm, chocolate color. The scars I had from the accident and from the experiments were no longer on my skin. The watch was even fixed and was back to its functioning state.

The same goes with Reita who looks content and happy. He no longer have his self harm scars neither do he hears voices. He is a normal teenager like me right now and our lives were pretty much back to its normal state...

Honestly, the memories I had of the future I had prevented were slowly disappearing everyday and was being replaced by the new once I acquires. I guess, it was because that future was no longer a part of reality and so, it was erasing itself from my memory. However, I cannot just let it slip away from me like that and be forgotten. The queen is still alive and he is still capable of making that future happen... maybe, even worst  than before. As the only person capable of knowing such, I had to prevent it myself.

But losing my memory would hinder that and so, I took a camera and video recorded the narration of the things I can still remember. After recording, I saved it on a CD and kept it on a shelf, which contains other CDs of my favorite bands. Just in case I would forget, I'll would still be able to stumble on a proof that I made myself... at least...

I'm not really sure how long I can hold on to my memory but I decided to start preventing things from happening now that I still can.

For two months, I've researched about wonderland and the newly discovered substances named Alice. I wasn't aware before that it was discovered this year. But then, I was busy dealing with traumatizing things to even bother myself with such news before. 

Anyway, I've found out that mom is working in connection with wonderland. I was shocked when I found out about that because I've never known. All I knew was, she was a scientist that works for the government. Nothing more, nothing less. I've never known she was a part of the project that made the lives of innocent, mentally unstable patients unbearable and painful. No wonder why she hates us asking about her work.

The project called 'Alice : Human Sacrifice' had already started. I don't know the details because I don't have any connection to it other than my secretive mother. The information about the project is withheld from the public and so, I have no way in finding out who was the part of it and what was happening in the project... 

All I have as my source was those deranged conspirators' conspiracy theories... that sometimes sounds like a load of bullcrap... but then, some do sound considerable, though.

..though, I doubt that anything have changed that much.

I have an inkling that everything was the same...

The tall walls... The syringe with the grey liquid... Superhuman powers... The torture each scientist would subject every sacrificial patients to...

It would have been the same...
...only that me and Reita wasn't part of that story.

That's my guess... but I cannot be that sure...

I cannot let anything to just transpire, though. Sure, I'm no longer a cast on the painful part of the story but that doesn't mean I'll just watch everything happen and ignore the truth that I had known.

I had to end everything...
I had to stop the birth of the 'queen'...
I had to eradicate Alice...

But how can I do that when I'm just an incapable sixteen year old who claims he can go back in time and had memories of an ugly future? I'm the only one aware and honestly, I'm starting to think that all of it was just nothing but a horrifying nightmare.

My brother is clueless...
I don't have any means to find Dr. Takashima...
And what am I even going to tell him once we meet?
He might just end up locking me down a padded cell and trust me, it may look comfortable but it'll surely drive you insane...

I had been wasting all of my time trying to figure out a way to end this madness even before it would start that I had not notice...

...my brother had disappeared without a trace

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N : 

So, I've decided to start the sequel now that I finally have the time to make it...

Not sure when is the next update but I have all the time for the next two weeks...