- Chapter 1 - [Edited]

"Finding love is like finding shoes.

People go after the good looking ones, 

But they end up choosing the ones they

feel comfortable with." 

- Anonymous

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

     I sat alone in the woods, stars dancing around in the night sky. "If only the stars could take my wishes and make them come true." I had whispered. 'There might be a chance, or two, or three.' I had thought happily. Though, it was quickly taken over by my sorrow. "If I was to dream or to wish, something would have come true right now." I mumbled. "So I shall try."

     I closed my eyes and wished.

     I wished I'd lived far away from here.

     I wished I'd enjoy myself for once.

     I wished I'd find love.

I sat up on my bed quietly, the tiniest of squeaks erupting from the floorboards below. The window to my right sat open, and a midnight sky sprinkled with stars shining overhead. In a quiet manner, I rose from my bed, careful not to make a sound. My hands settled onto the cool frame of the windowpane, and I sighed quietly. I looked out upon my street, a summer breeze gently caressing my face.

       The sky was changing, turning , & forming from a midnight blue to a soft pink. It was almost dawn and the day would soon be here. I turned around and looked at my clock, wondering what time it was. It was 6:02. Frowning, I stalked to my closet and pulled out my favorite outfit.

     I brought out dark denim shorts, an american flag tanktop, and a pair of red flip flops. I took my time, trying to stall so I wouldn't have to go to school too early. I slowly walked to my bathroom, dragging my feet lazily across the wooden floors. I stand in front of my mirror and cringe. My hair is in a wild mess and my makeup I forgot to take off smudged slightly. I cleaned myself up and go to work. I put on some foundation & mascara and curled my hair, making it bounce when I walked. I looked in the mirror, pleased and smiled.   

     I sauntered downstairs, feeling happier than I was earlier.

     "Hey mom!" I chirped. She turned around from her spot at the stove and smiled at me.

     "Hey hun," she said happily in reply.

    "Breakfast is on the table." I walked to my dining room table, excited to see what my mother had made me and my father. Turning the corner, I feel elated at the sight of my father's chubby fingers reaching across the table.

    "Richie Summers, back away from my sausage," I said in a goofy tone. He snapped hios head up at me, his electric blue eyes sparkling.

    "My bad pumpkin," he teased.  My mom came walking in an pointed an accusing finger at my father. 

     "I told you not to touch Jenette's sausages Richie," She shook her head in a joking matter and smiled. She walked to my dad and kissed him on the lips before returning to her place in the kitchen.

     You see, my mom and dad are the cutest couple on Earth. They met 20 years ago on my mom's class trip to Italy. It was love at frist sight. Ha. Lucky them. But, anyways, they fell in love and my father decided to come to the United States to wed my mother. It's the cutest story, so maybe I'll tell more of it later.

     After eating my food, I pop out of my chair and get my school bag which was hanging from my door. I run down to say bye to my mom and dad when I get a call from an unknown number.

     "Hello?" I ask, curious of who is calling. When they reply, I hear a familiar voice.

     "Hey Jen!" Chirps my best friend Cassady. I smile and kiss my mom and dad goodbye.

     "Waiting outside?" I ask, excited. I hear no response from the other side.

     "Cass?" I ask worried.

     "I was actually calling to tell you my boyfriend came to pick me up," She stuttered.

     "Boyfriend?" I choke out. A million thought zoom through my head at once. 'Is it Zack?' 'It can't be Zack.' 'Cassady has enough sense than that.'

     "Jen?" I hear in the distance. I shake out of my trance and place my phone back on my ear.

     "Is it Zack?!" I suddenly blurt out. I slap my hand to my mouth, stunned. I hear a small chuckle from the otherside.

      "No Jen, it's Jake. One of Alex's friends?" She says like I know who Alex is. Puzzled, I try and think back to previous highschool years.

        "Doesn't ring a bell, but thank God it's not Zack, right?" I say nervously.

        "Dang straight," She giggles.

        "I need to go, but I'll call you soon. K? Bye!" She laughs and hangs up. I shake my head and giggle at my friend's childish acts over the phone. I open the door to my house and step outside into the lovely summer air.

        "Two more weeks of school," I sigh happily as I get into my car. With a swift turn of my key, the engine ignites to life and purrs softly under the hood. I back out of the driveway and head off to school.  

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

SORRY IT'S SHORT LADS + LADIES! D:

I'll try and make it longer 'cause I need to edit this. cx 

Vote and add my story?

Thanks. :)