The lunch that was

As always, I was late for school. I dont know how I manage it. Always.

I tried to dress my best, considering my lunch date. In the end I messed up and went to school makeup less. 

The first three classes were testing my paitence. Math, Science and Geography. Three of the subjects that can put not just me, but anyone to sleep. I barely managed to remain awake, by lunchtime, I was exhausted and looked like a mess. Not that anyone cared. 

I went to the washroom and splashed some water on my face and made my way to the cafeteria. Normally I'd eat somewhere less crowded, and I dint want today to be an exception. It wasnt.

Noah greeted me outside the cafeteria, took me by my hand and we ran to the parking lot. I was kind of angry at him, because I was hungry and I was expecting food, but the parking lot was a lot nicer. We were alone and I could smell his perfume. I really liked it. 

He opened his car and we sat in it. 

"Noah.. so uh, why exactly are we here?"

"Shh. I like the quietness"

"Uh... Okay, but I guess we should talk. You were crying, can I ask why?"

"Jen, I dont really know how to say this, I mean, we've never been good friends, and I'm gonna tell you my deepest secret, so I need you to listen and not judge me. I made a huge mistake with Laura,  she was an amazing girl, but I just wasnt into her. And when she told me she was breaking up, I felt this happiness that I know I should have not." 

"Noah that's okay, I was scared that you were hurt or something. That's.. nice."

The next few minutes we enjoyed the silence, which Noah broke by asking me out on an actual lunch date. 

His husky voice and sweet scent was all I needed for the rest of my life and I wish he could know that.