Holding Hands

"It's training, hurry up and get your weapons from the Convoy!" Frederick yelled, waking the Shepherds up. Sully, naturally, was the most pumped and was ready to train. She had her Brave Lance in her hand, determined to kick-butt. Stahl yawned as he went in line, as usual. Lissa stood beside her brother, Chrom, the ruler of Ylisse.

Ricken, on the other hand, wasn't as excited as the rest of the camp. He wasn't much of a morning person and hated to get up early. He got angry, however, when Panne said, "Ah, that Ricken man-spawn has no sense of waking up early and adjusting to times." 

"Ricken!" Ricken heard his name being called. "You better get up beCAWs we're about to leave you! Nya ha ha!"

Ricken sighed. He knew exactly who that was. It was Henry, the Dark Mage. Ricken was a mage, too, but he didn't know how to use dark magic.

"Do I have your permission to come in?" Henry asked. It was then that Ricken knew that Henry was outside of his tent.

"Fine, come in," Ricken replied, annoyed. Henry opened the tent and smiled at Ricken. "It's time to train, come on!" Henry said, reaching his hand out to the half-asleep boy. Ricken sighed and took the hand. Henry pulled Ricken up, and out of the tent. But while walking to the training site, Henry still held Ricken's hand.

"Henry, you can let go of my hand now!" Ricken said.

"I have to make sure that you're not going anywhere," Henry said, smiling back.

"I'm going to train, alright, alright," Ricken said. "Just please, please, let go of my hand."

"No."

Ricken frowned as he heard some of the Shepherds laughing. "And we thought boys would be holding Libra's hand," Maribelle teased.

"I didn't think boys were your definition of love, Ricken," Inigo said. Ricken's cheeks flushed red. 

"Henry, this is really embarrassing, please, for the love of the gods, let go of my hand," Ricken whispered.

"What's so embarrassing about this?" Henry asked. "It's just holding hands, like companions or something."

"People take things the wrong way," Ricken said. "I know you mean well, but please let go of my hand." Ricken was now struggling, but Henry held his hand tightly. 

"I'll let go when Frederick does the roll call," Henry said, giggling a bit.

"Oh gods no," Ricken said. "That'll be more embarrassing! Agh!" Ricken was now exasperated. 

"Stop shouting or I'll seal your lips shut with a curse," Tharja threatened as she walked passed the two.

"Ugh, great...." Ricken trailed away.