Cuddles

Ricken was right. It was embarrassing.

During the roll call, Frederick yelled Henry's name. Ricken had the most defeated look when everyone turned their heads to Henry.

Every single person, taguel and manakete saw Ricken and Henry holding hands.

Ricken swore that he saw Robin laughing a bit. He knew he had to get her back for that.

Frederick laughed a bit as well, and when he assigned the training partners, he assigned Ricken to Henry.

"Are you serious?" Ricken asked Frederick.

"Yes, yes I am," Frederick replied. "I'm off now. You may ask me or milord if you have any questions."

Before Ricken could protest, Frederick left. Ricken sighed. Muttering under his breath, he said, "This is a dream, no, this is not happening."

"Hey, Ricken!" Henry called out. He had two Thoron tomes in his hand. "We should practice our Thoron on that tree! It'll be fun!" Ricken approached Henry, covering his head with his hat to avoid seeing the stares of the other Shepherds.

"No, it won't be fun," Ricken said, now infuriated. "I hope you're happy, Henry. You just humiliated me in front of everybody!"

"That wasn't humiliating...." Henry said. "It'd be much more humiliating if I did this!" After doing so, Henry pulled Ricken into a hug. Ricken's eyes widened in surprise as he tried to fight his way out, but Henry hugged him really tightly.

"Aw, you two," Cynthia said. "What more besides holding hands and hugging are you two going to do?"

"Heh heh," Severa said. "I bet they'll kiss next."

Ricken blushed again. "Let go off me, Henry!" Ricken screamed.

"NOW it's humiliating, isn't it? Nya ha ha," Henry said, smiling.

"It was humiliating both times!" Ricken said, exasperated.