Video Games

A/N: This short little part is written through Ricken's perspective now. Enjoy.

After the training, lunch was served. Frederick said that since everyone worked hard, he was going to give us the whole afternoon to ourselves.

Robin, Chrom, Lucina and Morgan were playing Smash on the Wii U, just like family. Owain, Severa, Inigo and other future children were playing video games with their parents as well. The ones who didn't have children--like Stahl, Libra, Anna and others--also played video games. I was wondering why everyone was playing video games in particular. It seemed odd to me, really.

"Hey, Ricken!" Henry called out from behind. Annoyed, I spun around to face him. He carried two 3DS's in hand. "I got your 3DS too!" Henry said. "Let's play Pokemon or Animal Crossing, or something!"

"Or, I'll go to my tent and read a book," I said.

"Aww, why not?" Henry asked.

"You've done enough today," I said. Henry shrugged. "Alright," he said. "I'll go and feed the crows then." As he walked away, I felt like someone was stabbing my gut. I felt bad for shrugging him off. There was one time he told me that he never had any real friends back in Plegia--and I didn't want him to feel like he didn't have any real friends here either.

"Wait!" I called out. "Henry!" He turned around and walked towards me again.

"Yeah?" He said.

"Let's have one round in Pokemon," I said.

Henry gave me my 3DS and we began playing Pokemon. He had Omega Ruby; and I had Alpha Sapphire. Like I told him, we played one round and he beat me.

"No way!" I said. "I'm going to beat you! Let's have another round!"

But again, he beat me. I was frustrated. There was no way I could lose to him.

"We're going to keep at this until I beat you, you know!" I said. "This time, no switching, no megas."

"Alright," he said happily. "I'm just happy we got to play."

And even after my set rules, he still beat me.

The two of us kept battling each other until night fell. I didn't even notice; I was determined to beat him. "Alright, fine, let's battle again tomorrow," I told him, "and remember this, I will NOT be beaten again!"

He smiled at me. "Alright, I'll be looking forward to it!"

"So..." I trailed away. "Do you want to get dinner together?"

"Sure!" He said.

And with that, the two of us headed into the mess tent.