Always together.

Yin and Yang have many different forms on earth. Wether it be the land and the sea, fire and water or life and death. They come in many shapes and forms but this story is about the Yin and Yang that go by the names of Max Caulfield and Chloe Price.

Having the ability to rewind time may seem like a blessing but in reality it's a harmful curse that had Max losing many life's, wether she knew it or not. But that would be in the future, at this point in time Max was currently watching Chloe flaunting around exclaiming her invincibility thanks to Max's rewind ability. Because once again she had saved Chloe from a painful death, this time being crushed by falling debris of a old car that had somehow made it's way on top of a large pile of rubbish. They were at one of Chloe's save havens. The junk yard. Her 'Home away from hell' as she said the first time she had shown Max. "Raw and ruff, it suites you." Max soon fell in love with the security of it, as much as she had done Chloe. But future memory's would soon change that.

Leaving her home town 'Arcadia bay' and Chloe weren't her choice, her parents had needed to move to Seattle for work. Arcadia bay didn't offer much occupational wise, the only exception was the academy. Blackwell academy. It was known for it's brilliant classes on photography, that being the main reason Max had moved back to Arcadia bay. After five years of not seeing Chloe and even worst not contacting Chloe, Max blames herself for not even sending Chloe a text or even a letter, anything would of been better then what she did. If she could change it she would, actually she would in the future but in this moment, this little fragment of time she was with Chloe. Save, well save thanks to Max's rewind power but together. And in their minds that was all that mattered.

Well except the special case of Rachel Amber.

Chloe's missing best friend/not so secret lover whilst Max was gone (not that Max was jealous, she was happy that someone was there for Chloe when she wasn't)
Max had never meet Rachel but practically every one in town had known her or had secret 'relations' with her, but her time with Chloe had seemed real from what Max had heard from Chloe. Max knew that Chloe had loved Rachel.

"Sounds like you totally crushed on Rachel." Max had pronounced sceptically.

"You would've too, smart, sexy...and sassy. Like me right?" Chloe had replayed lazily from her bed.

Max had just huffed from across from Chloe's room. "Maybe she would've fought over the both of us?" She ended with a laugh.

They were still yet to find Rachel, their continuous running around Arcadia trying to find any leads or clues to where or why Rachel had disappeared. So far they had nothing, Max had learned about what kind of person Rachel was but still couldn't put her finger on who the real Rachel Amber was.

"Max this is hella great, you could do anything!" Chloe stopped jumping around, her blue hair falling still and hanging limply from under the dark blue beanie she was wearing. Bringing a hand under her chin, frowning her brow and looked at Max sceptically.

"Wait...you could do anything...do anyone..." Chloe said slowly and trailing off as if coming to the conclusion of a grand scheme.

Not this again, Max had heard this speech from Chloe a countless amount of times. Suggesting and even claiming that Max had used her new ability to 'fool around' with the people in Arcadia. Max had to admit that she had used her power to her 'advantage' a few times, but never to do what Chloe was suggesting.

Well there was that one time.
"You can afford to take chances! Whenever and whatever you want to try... for example, I dare you to kiss me!"

"What!?..."

"I double dare you, kiss me now."

Though she would never tell Chloe, Max had rewinded a few times that day.

"Chloe I've told you, this power. Whatever it is, I can't use it like a toy. Who knows when it's going to stop..." The word 'Again' was whispered into the air as Max was lost in thought of the events of yesterday that came rushing into her head.

The rain.

The screams.

Kate jumping.

Time stoping.

Her running to and up the building.

Trying to use her power to stop Kate.

It not working.

"Max...."

Having to help Kate by herself.

As herself.

"Max?"

Trying to convince her not to jump.

Kate leaning forward.

"Max!"

Forced from the memory and looking up, Max was met with a wide pair of worried and concerned blue eyes. She felt hands on her shoulders shaking slightly.

"My powers might not last, Chloe."
Max said finally.

Chloe gave her a comforting squeeze on her shoulders and crouched down so she could look Max in the eyes.

"It's okay, we will. Forever."

Yin and Yang complete each other, in every sense of the word. Max choosing Chloe every single time brought them together and in the end Max choosing Chloe is what saved them. Yin and Yang. Always there, always together.