The Pirate and the God

*

"An elephant's back?" The purple-haired god's jaw dropped as he marveled at the island he teleported to.

"Yup," the Heart Pirate captain replied casually.

Law already adapted to Zou's coarse ground and irregular surroundings, unlike his new companion. Yato's boots made it easier to find a manageable grip on the skin, but the young god would take longer to adjust to the disparate island compared to his usual urban background.

The pirate's eyes scanned the lithe deity's body as the purplette surveyed the environment. The older man admired Yato's clothing since it was abstract compared to the usual attire worn by society across his world. However, the black tracksuit made him look slender and fit his body well. The celadon scarf offered color on his outfit, and the dark brown boots added a sort of 'stray' quality.

It had been a couple of weeks after Law and Yato met on Ovoogle, a website where people from other worlds could message each other, and Yato decided he wanted to see the world of pirates. However, the god was forced to go by himself since Hiyori had exams coming up, and she also had to come up with tests for Yukine, who would've rather stayed with Hiyori anyway.

"How do you know where you're going in this world?" Yato asked as he stared at a strange tree and started petting the leaves that resembled scales.

"We just do." Law ambled closer to the god as he spoke, long sword held laxly.

"More importantly, how do you eat?" Food was always Yato's priority, but he was used to fast food or whatever he could rummage out of Hiyori's fridge, both of which weren't currently visible.

"We have cooks." Law shrugged.

Yato's jaw dropped again. "You have your own cooks? I have to bribe Hiyori by promising I'll fix her body just to get a bite to eat...and I'm a god!" He crossed his arms and considered finding a way to make her his personal cook.

Law circled Yato and stopped behind him. "It wouldn't hurt you to eat a bit more, hm?" He prodded roughly at the other's side with the end of his sword's handle.

"Blame Yukine. He- Hey! Don't do that." Yato shied away and rubbed his side.

Law smirked and grabbed Yato by his scarf, pulling the god back. He put his free hand on Yato's shoulder, squeezing it gently. In this position, it was clear to see that Law was a few inches taller. The captain's black shirt was collared, and the short sleeves drew attention to his built, tan, tattooed arms.

"We'll have to take shelter soon, Kami-ya." The captain suggested coolly.

"Why's that?" Yato glanced around, disregarding the catchphrase and wondering if this pirate world was as insane as Law made it seem.

"Twice a day, this island gets pouring down rain that could knock us straight off this island."

Yato looked up at the sky, but it was perfectly clear. "Looks fine to me."

"Remember, the island's on the back of an elephant. The rain is from his trunk."

Yato let out a soft chuckle. "Right, right. Well, you know this place better than I do."

-

Later, the two found cover in an abandoned building on higher ground. It was a little while before the downpour would occur, so they had some time to kill. The building was one floor with about three rooms attached to the main living area. Law and Yato were in the farthest room back. Yato lay across an old couch while Law stood with his back against the wall, the rim of his speckled hat nearly covering his eyes.