Chapter 01

I scribbled away in my notepad, writing down every single word out I could understand coming of the teary-eyed girl sitting in front of me.

Every word seemed like a blur coming out of her mouth, making it hard for me to understand what she's saying and write it down. So far, my notepad was a page and a quarter full, but it probably would have been at least three full of words if I could understand her clearly.

I looked up expecting to make eye contact, but I forgot she was wearing a blindfold. Why? So I could hide my identity.

That was probably the most important thing about my job. My job was to handle and solve people's problems. So why did I have to hide my identity? So no one would trace my work back to me. I was like a secret detective. And if anyone would have known my identity, I could be in big trouble. Also, a target by many different people.

I set my pen down and looked back up at the crying girl after she stopped talking.

"Okay Artemis," I began "I will get back to you by next...Friday. My assistant will lead you out." My best friend Kara came and lead her out of the room, giving me a little time to look over the information I had received.

"So, about the information." Kara said sitting in the freshly empty chair. "What do you got?"

I sighed taking one last glance over the notes. "This is a very, strange case we have here." Kara seemed amused by this. She was always into challenges and interesting cases. This is the main reason why she's my partner in crime. She's a great support and is very calm in overwhelming situations.

"But something we can solve right?" She asked. I shrug.

"It's very complicated. Also it has a lot of random things thrown into it making it look long and complex. But judging by the time it took and the amount of notes I recorded, it's probably going to take a while to solve."

"So let's start tonight at your house. We'll meet up at your house in an out and began to summarize and conclude what we have so far. Then Wednesday after school, we go to the library and have Garett do his magic and research." She announced confidently.

"Sounds like a plan." I smiled. "See you in about a hour." I shook my assistant's hand and got up to gather everything I had as she walked off.

I slid on my sunglasses and my black backpack and walked out of the office of my aunts bakery, receiving strange looks from customers and others. I kept my eye contact to a minimum and walked to the silver Dodge Journey on the edge of the parking walk.

I got into the car and was snapping in my seatbelt when my phone vibrated. I glanced at it seeing that I'd revived a message from Garett.

'Any news?' He text.

'Lets just say we have a long year.'
__________________________

UT