Chapter 3

*le time skip to after the birthday party*

Emma
Sitting on my bed, I feel really guilty right now. My friends just threw me one of the best parties I have ever had and now I have to tell them that I agreed to live with my aunt's family in Canada?

After all the past events that had happened - the Eclipse, the Fool Moon, and Mia's kanay rage, I'm sure that they'll be disappointed. In all honesty, I'm actually quite disappointed with myself.

The Panthers. They were the ones who pushed me down but at times, helped me back up. And if anything, their actions towards me during our freshman year made me stronger. I'm proud to call them my friends.

Diego & Gigi. These Ruedas are the weirdest twins that I have ever seen. But still, they're pretty good friends. If not for Diego becoming a Kanay, I would have faded into dust by Torres. And if not for Gigi's blog, I would've been outdated on the school news and gossip.

Daniel & Mia. The couple full of inside jokes that we will never forget. I was disappointed by Daniel at first but learned to move on afterwards. May the best of laughs and inside jokes be within Dia.

Andi. The girl who made me believe that opposites attract. She's a tomboy, I'm a girly girl, and yet we get together really well. I think she'll become a really great guardian as she became a really great best friend to me.

Jax. The boy who made my knees weak and charmed me by those dazzling smiles and amazing looks. I'm proud to say he's the best boyfriend in the world. He's always there by my side to protect me and understands me well.

"Em," he calls out, coming into my bedroom. I didn't even bother looking at him. I was just that guily and ashamed.

He walked towards my bed, looking at me straight in the eye. I look away, avoiding even the slightest contact. "Is something wrong? Are you okay?"

I nodded. "Yep," I answered, almost inaudibly.

I heard him sigh. He sat next to me at the edge of my bed, taking my hand in his. "Emma, I know you. You're not usually like this so I know something's up." There was a short pause before he continued. "It's your birthday. You should be happy, like you are everyday. Is something wrong with the party I threw a while ago?"

I quickly shook my head, not wanting negative thoughts to come into his head. There were already too many on mine. "No, it's not that. It's just..." I nervously look up to him, seeing his expression of telling me to go on.

"Jax, it might sound sudden but I'm moving to my aunt's family's house in Vancouver tommorow." I say directly to him.

"Oh," was all he can say. He looked... well... it was a mixture of disappoinment and relief. I don't blame him though. Even I wouldn't know what to say or feel at the moment. "But you are coming back, right?" he asked me, hope filling his eyes.

I lightly squeezed his hand in reassurance. "I promise."

_________________

Author's Note: (by acedreamer )
Hey hey hey! This is the first update of the book in... five months? Has time gone that fast?

Thank you guys for being really patient on this book. Lately, I've been offline since writer's block hit me. I already knew what will happen next, which points to highlight, the parts I can't miss to write, and yet when I open my draft on Wattpad, nothing comes up.

If you know my fanfiction.net account, I have been publishing chapters of Crush (Every Witch Way fanfiction). You might notice that the book is written by AviatorOne , who is also my IRL friend. Well that is because I'm co-writing with her lately. I felt that it was unfair that I was co-authoring and yet I can't prioritize my own books so I decided to continue this book.

Oh, and to clear this up, this is not @2SecretReaders (Cath) writing this book, but rather me, Aria, her sister.

BTW, the cover of this book actually has a lot of relevance to the plot of the story so observe some details there and you might actually know what will happen next.