Love Chronicle Act I - Chapter 1 - Intro

Sometime back Earlier in Third Year
~
"Good morning Serena. How are y-"

"I swear, Calem, if you come any closer you'll get to experiance first hand how powerful my Delphox's Mystical Fire is."
The raven haired boy's greeting was interrupted with the cold reply the young lady usually told him. She never intended to be rude but when you're a third year and life keeps throwing more responsibilities at you, being pestered by HIM would be enough to make you snap . Especially when you're just not having it this week. For Serena, this week was just a bad luck magnet. Bombed a test on Monday. Ran a red light to catch a bus on that same day which caused a bit of a ruckus on the street. Three assignments due Wednesday . Touko on a trip back home to Unova until the end of the week so no one to confide in...How terrible can this week get? Serena hurried off to the first class of the day...Math. "This year truly hates me. First thing in the morning, it's math. " The girl grumbled as she slumped into her seat taking out a notebook and pencil case. As the professor arrived to start the class, Serena tried her best to stay awake for she always felt drowsiness poke at her eyelids in this specific period. But this is a universal feeling. Feeling like you're going to fall asleep learning about things you won't even need.  The "Oh well, look, another day passes and I haven't used algebra once, " quote was something Serena had heard all students of each year say, and for once she could agree on something the vast majority agreed on.
...
Serena slipped her coat on, preparing for the chilly blast that would hit her as soon as she left the front doors of the school. Buttoning the last button, Serena's chest tightened as she felt someone put their hand on her shoulder. Expecting them to be someone she knew, hoping it was not the dark haired boy who tried to greet her on most mornings, the girl to a deep breath and turned her head. To her relief it was just Mei, a first year who was Touko's cousin. "Hey, Serena! Hope it's not too much to ask but Touko told me to pick up this package for her while she was away in Unova. But you see," the girl hesitated, then continued, "I'm going back home to Unova for the upcoming holidays and I leave the day Touko comes back so...uh, I can't give it to her first hand." Mei explained. She was about to go on talking but Serena went on ahead and agreed to deliver the package to Touko when she returned. "Thanks a bunch!" And with that, the younger girl was gone, dissapearing into the crowd of people eager to go home.

Pushing the front door open, Serena stepped out into the frosty winter air. Her every breath visible as she exhaled. Lumiose City was beautiful this time of year. With it's many attractions and shops getting ready for the winter holidays, it was hard to go directly home without stopping to look at the wares and accessories being sold at Vernal Avenue, the one street littered with many shops. Reaching the bottom steps of the school, Serena glanced over at the restaurant across the street, Restaurant Le Nah. The place didn't get many adult customers but it was popular with the students at Lumiose International Junior High since the prices for dining were fairly cheap and affordable for most students/trainers. Plus it almost rivaled Café Battaile for the most Pokémon battles happening in one restaurant or café. Shaking out of her mind the thought of probably grabbing a quick bite and battle there, Serena looked up and down South Boulevard, spotting no sight of the next bus. It wouldn't come anytime sooner it seemed. She paced forward in the direction leading to Route 4' s gate. "I could walk to there instead..." Serena thought, pushing away the option of using Talonflame to fly home in the cold weather. Before she could make up her mind, a group of familliar voices sounded from behind her. Realizing Calem was among the group, "Not him again. Anyone but him!" the girl muttered under her breath. Ever since the day she moved into Vaniville Town and became his neighbour, the boy had only ever been a rival and nothing more back in days of earning gym badges. But when the first year of high school started it was well on obvious he may have started to think of her as more than just a rival but she never felt the same. Knowing that time had passed them now though, she had to admit he had gotten more mature in the last two years and although she resented this thought...she thought he was kinda pretty. He walked with Touya and Kyouhei over to Restaurant Le Nah across the street, glad he didn't take notice of her standing there in plain sight.