Chapter 9

Ben's POV

I waited at the hospital for Mari to get out of sergary. I then heard a call for anyone wanting to visit her. I got up and pretty much ran to her room.

She was lying on a bed with wet hair and a sheet over her body. I ran over and sat next to her bed.

"You will have to hurry," the nurse told me. "She has some other people coming to visit too."

I nodded and looked back at her. She looked so pretty, even though I knew she would never open her eyes again.

She had died from the stab wound in my arms.

I started sobbing. They even tried to save her life, but they failed. I wanted to slap ever nurse and doctor at the scene, but I would've went to jail as well as Vincent and Gideon. They both had been sentenced the rest of their lives in jail, which didn't satisfy me. I wanted both of them dead for what did, but I was able to shake off that feeeling.

I felt a hand on my left shoulder. I turned around to see Mari's mom. She had tears streaming down her face as well.

"At least she's in a much better place now." She told me.

I nodded but didn't want to believe it. She leaned down and hugged me and I hugged her back.

"I bet she really loved you." She said and I nodded yet again.

I heard a voice. "You guys are gonna have to leave. The next visitors are here." Mari's mom and I nodded.

I took one last look at Mari and stood up and left with her mom.

--------

I attended the funeral two days later with her mom and her other friends, Cayla, Rick, Fred, and Tris. Gold never showed up but I didn't care.

We all helped lower her casket into the ground and left together.

I was still staring at the place where her body lay when I felt a hug around my waist. It felt like she was hugging me again, but I turned around to see Tris, crying in her short black dress.

"I'm really sorry for you Ben." She told me. "I'm bet she's looking over you right now, protecting you, cause she loves you."

I hugged her this time and we both left together.

I may as well try and move on...

-------

Hey Fanatics,

Sorry once again this is sad, but now it's time for a new story!

I will have to publish "We, the Mutants" after I finish the Behind the Scenes series.

See Ya Later,
- MysteriousKyrgy :)