Chapter 2

My eyes fluttered open to see the night sky above me. I sat up, rubbing my head.

"Ugh, what happened? Where am I?"

That's when it hit me. I...died. I looked down at my hands before lightly touching my face. But if I died, how am I alive now?

I reached into my pocket and pulled out my DS. It was in perfect condition. I stood, stepping away from the puddle of blood I was in.

I left the alley and made my way down the street. I stopped, looking at my reflection in the window of an empty store. My hair, it was still black, but it now had multicolored streaks in it. My eyes, which were once blue, were now a purple color.

I looked like some kind of video game character. I grinned to myself before continuing home. On the way, I opened my DS and turned it on.

This was definitely weird. The game cartridge in my DS was Monster Hunter, but on my home screen were dozens of options for games that weren't even on the DS.

The games ranged from Monster Hunter to Pokemon to The Legend Of Zelda. It even had one of my favorite lesser known games, Hatsune Miku Project Diva.

I examined my DS, taking out the stylus. That's when I noticed a small button on it. I pushed it and watched as the stylus folded out into a sword.

With wide eyes, a large grin spread across my lips. "Woah, sweeeeet!"

Finally making it home, I snuck inside and up to my room. I did not want to be seen by my parents, not like this. I gazed at the screen of my DS.

Placing my finger against the screen, it sunk in a bit, as if the screen were a portal into the DS. I looked at my finger before sticking my whole hand into the screen, watching it sink in and disappear.

I pushed my whole arm in, and slowly, my entire body. I looked around in amazement. I was inside my DS. I was on the home screen, looking around at the selection of games.

My first pick was definitely Monster Hunter. I approached the icon and went inside. I was suddenly in a village being ransacked by raptor-like creatures.

I grabbed a nearby sword and began fighting them. I recognize these creatures. Velociprey. And where there are Velociprey, there's a Velocidrome to lead them.

Watching the raptors surround me, I turned upon hearing a loud roar. I smirked at seeing the larger leader.

"Hey there, big boy. Wanna play?"

After defeating the Velocidrome, the remaining Velociprey ran away. I earned the village's praise and became a full-fledged hunter.

When I finally left the game and went back to the real world, it was already after midnight. I stretched my arms.

"I must've been in there longer than I thought. But who cares! What a blast! This power is awesome!"

"Alexis? Is that you? I didn't know you were home."

I turned to see my mom coming into my room. Her eyes were wide as she looked at me. "What happened to your hair, and your eyes?"

I nervously laughed. "Actually, I don't really know myself. Can we just...discuss this in the morning?"

She slowly nodded. "...Sure."

She quietly left. I looked back at my DS. "I wonder..."

I grabbed it and glanced around my room before my eyes landed on a book. I tried holding my DS out toward it and watched as the book disappeared into it.

I grinned. "So I can send things other than myself into it."

I glanced toward my door. The world is such a cruel place. I grabbed my DS and crept outside. I slowly and quietly made my way to my parent's room.

I slowly opened the door and went inside, seeing my parents laying in bed. I stood beside their bed, flipping through the games in my DS before stopping on one. Harvest Moon.

I turned it toward them as they both slowly opened their eyes. Their eyes widened as they looked at me in fear and began trying to get away.

"Alexis, what are you doing?!"

They both began disappearing into the DS. "Alexis?! Alexis! Alexis!"

When they both were completely inside, I looked at the screen to see them both in Harvest Moon. I closed my DS and hugged it to my chest.

"Don't be afraid, mom, dad. Nothing can happen to you now. You can live peaceful lives in your new home."

I then grinned wickedly. "Now, I have some unfinished business to attend to."

I slept for the rest of the night, going to school the next day. I kept my hair and face hidden under the hood of my jacket. No one even recognized me, which was perfect.

I didn't go to any classes, but I did go to lunch. I saw Brittany and the other girls sitting at their usual table. I quickly wrote a note and read it.

After school, go to the alley where you killed that nice girl last night. And bring your friends, you're going to need them.

I smirked to myself and quickly walked past their table, leaving the note for them. After leaving the lunchroom, I looked back to see Brittany and the other girls reading the note and looking around a bit in confusion.

I chuckled to myself before leaving the school and heading to the alley. It won't be too much longer now until school is over.

I leaned against one side of the alley, grinning to myself. They'll regret ever messing with me. After awhile, I heard footsteps and voices.

I looked to see Brittany and the other girls coming my way. I stood up straight and looked toward them. Brittany gazed at me.

"Are you the one who left that note? Who are you?"

I chuckled at her questions and pulled my hood off my head. I smirked as all of them gasped with eyes widening in fear.

"Hello again, Brittany. Happy to see me?"

"Y-You...we...we killed you. H-How are you alive?!"

I tilted my head, grinning at her menacingly. "Not sure. All I know is that I'm not very happy about what you did to me."

My grin quickly turned into a frown as I grabbed my DS, opening it and dragging them all in. They screamed and cried as they were each slowly sucked inside.

Brittany looked at me. "I'm sorry, Alexis! Please let me go!"

"My name's not Alexis. Alexis died, remember? You killed her. I'm Digitalia."

Brittany disappeared along with the others into my DS. I looked at the screen, seeing them all inside. I put them in the Monster Hunter game and placed them all into the arena.

As soon as the monster came out, they were killed. I revived them over and over, laughing as they died again and again.

I could hear them pleading. "Please, just kill us and be done with it."

I smirked. "Now what fun would that be? I'm going to keep you all alive until I'm tired of torturing you. Which will probably be...never!"

I laughed and closed my DS. I'm free to do as I please now. Free to jump from game to game and enjoy the adventures as I see fit.