one

Jacquelyn Cross's time of death was 20:30 hours. She was killed by a substantial amount of eszopiclone in her system - taken a half an hour before her death. Unconscious by 20:10, and dead by 20:30. The details of her death are pieced together as follows.

At exactly 19:06, Jacquelyn must have felt sick from hunger. She must have left her room and gone downstairs for sustenance. Greeted by an empty refrigerator - save for a microwave dinner of salisbury steak - she must have felt disheartened. The salisbury steak was left on the counter, thawed by the time we noticed it.

At 19:09, she returned to her room. A school night, she must have deemed it appropriate to study. A pre-calculus book lay open the thirtieth page, furious scribbles in front of each textbook example. Various other homework sheets lay out, scattered around the bed. The scribbles were a sign of her obvious struggling, a factor that may have attributed to her mindset that night.

When 19:57 rolled around, she had given up on homework. We believe she began to pace around her room, in search of something to distract her. Though the details were unclear of this time, a small spot of blood was later found on the armchair facing her bed.

And, at 20:03, she got up, went to a desk drawer, and consumed twenty three-milligram eszopiclone tablets. At only a hundred and ten pounds, she was unconscious by 20:10.

Fifteen minutes after her death, at 20:45, she was found in an upright position on the same armchair, by her sister, Margaret Cross.

The details of her death are not fully formed, however, the only logical assumption to make was that this was a suicide. Why - the answer is also unclear. The Cross family has no history of depression, and refuses to comment on any detail of the case.

Jacquelyn Cross's death is the thirteenth recorded suicide this month.