Secrets

After his qurel with Bard detention finally ended, Ciel tagged along with Sebastian to his locker which surprisingly is three down from his own. Usually Sebastian could read people like a magazine but somehow Ciel was harder. It was like reading a poetry book, you would have to really read into Ciel's expression to know what he was thinking. Right now, he seemed unsettled probably by what happened.

While grabbing his text books Ciel blurts out a question.
"What did Bard mean by 'Least I have a functional family?' " Realizing what he had said Ciel quickly adds "If you don't mind me asking of course.."

Sebastian looked at Ciel not with rage or annoyance but simply blank "something's are just better left untouched, Ciel.." he calmly stated.

Ciel's expression hardened slightly with determination, was he really that curious about him? Nevertheless the two walked to their Science class and unfortunately couldn't sit together. Mr. Lou began the lesson, vapor in hand as perusal.

"Now then, can anyone tell me what will happen if I were to have two atoms bond how would I go about that? How about you Phantomhive." Lou said after releasing a puff of smoke.

Ciel perked and looked at his Teacher "that would be called a chemical reaction, this can happen by say rusting steel. The iron in the metal combines with the oxygen in the atmosphere." Explained Ciel before going back to his book that he put in front of his text book to make it look like he was reading the lesson like everyone else. Well not everyone.

To Ciel's astonishment, Sebastian was had earbuds in and probably listening to music, how did nobody see this?! Then again, how is a teacher allowed to smoke on campus? Ciel sighed, this school truly was confusing.

At the end of the day Ciel and Sebastian say together on the bus, weirdly enough their stop was a cultisack with a very old house in between two newer ones, as the bus leaved them Sebastian walked to the old house. Ciel walked down the street to a small apartment complex, his faithful dog also named Sebastian happily greeted him. Hours later Ciel received a text from Sebastian, simply stating if he'd like to hang out at his house. Ciel accepted the invitation and within minutes Ciel was rapturing on the door, a sorta tall man with more chocolate brown hair answered the door, smirking he let Ciel in and introduced himself as Ariwn. Sebastian's brother, speak of the devil (no pun intended) Sebastian came downstairs to see them and motioned for Ciel to follow him to the living room where a lady younger than Arwin but seemingly older than Sebastian was flicking through channels Ciel had never heard of.
"Hey Roseline, go watch  two broke girls somewhere else." Sebastian said rather impishly

Roseline turned to face us, she had long black with brown highlights hair "so you can watch tv with you're little boyfriend?"

"It's not like that!" Ciel and Sebastian spat in unison.

"That's what they all say!" Roseline chimed, sounding more childish. But she did leave after some time so Sebastian and Ciel watched whatever was on at the moment.

After sometime Ciel finally had to get some sort of answer from Sebastian. "You know, we're friends right?"

"Yeah.."

"And friends can tell each other things, secrets mostly."

Sebastian shifted uncomfortably for a moment "you're point is?"

"I want to know what Bard-"

"My family is divorced and my dad is a drunkard ok. Does that answer you're question?" Sebastian snapped, cutting Ciel off. Ciel flintched at this but nodded.

"I live alone.." Ciel finally said.

"As in you're an only child?"

"No... I don't have any parents.. I live in a apartment with my dog." Ciel looked away after saying this. Sebastian stared at him long and hard before offering for Ciel to stay with him.

Almost immediately Ciel accepted the invitation, he hated being on his own with his dog of course. Though he didn't get the rest of his questions answered he knew they'd have to wait for another time.