♡You Meet At A Park♡

You sit there on a bench facing the ocean in the freezing cold winter air which is currently on the verge of freezing the tears coming down your face. You feel yourself shiver uncontrollably and you fold your arms across your chest so keep warm, but it can only do so much. You lean your head down and look at your feet. You cross them to see if it will make you warm and it doesn't work, but you stay like that, not wanting to move. You hear footsteps behind you and you quickly turn around, being really paranoid. You see Calum running towards you and you stand up to greet him and he gets to you just as you stand up all the way.

"What's wrong?" he immediately starts.

"I... just..." you try to explain.

"Sit down." he says, taking your arm lightly and helping you sit down, then he sits down right beside you.

"I just... I can't be in that house anymore." you say bluntly.

"Why? What happened? What did he do?"

"He... I walked in... and he had not one, but two other girls with him."

"In bed?"

"Yeah... in bed, completely naked." you sigh.

"I'm so sorry." he says, giving you his pouty face. You look down at your hands in your lap. You feel more tears streaming down your face and then his arms wrapping around your back. You wrap your arms around him like he was a buoy and you were stranded in the middle of the ocean. Your eyes dry up and you don't have any more tears to even wet his jacket at all.

"Calum." you whisper.

"Yeah?" he says, letting you go so you can sit up straight.

"Why am I not crying anymore?"

"I don't know."

"I just feel like after two years of being in a relationship and being hurt so badly through the whole thing, that this would make me cry like it always does."

"Maybe you're happy that it's over."

"Why would I be?"

"I don't know, y/n. He was always cheating on you, he never really cared and never bothered to at least fake it, and he hurt you. You're free now."

"I'm... free..." you stutter out in a whisper.

He nods and slightly smiles at you.

"I'm free, I'm finally free." you repeat.

"Yeah, you are." he smiles.

You look up at him and you can't help but smile. Seeing your best friend's smile always made you smile, not matter what was going on with your boyfriend, well, ex-boyfriend.

"I love you, Calum." you giggle.

"You what?" he asks, a little surprised.

"You're the only person I would trust with this. I really love that you would come out here at 1 am just to do this for me." you smile.

"Oh." he says, a little disappointed.

"What?"

"I don't know, but what if I said that I loved you too."

"Then it would make me happy."

"Like best friend happy or..."

"I don't know, Calum. I just ended this two year relationship, so I don't want to just jump into another straight away, but I trust you more than any other person on this planet, more than myself, and I'd be lying if I said I never thought about it."

"But you'll think about it again?"

"Yeah, I will." you smile.

"Can I do something that might help out your decision?"

You nod.

He leans in and kisses you like you've never been kissed before. You feel fireworks explode in your stomach and your hands get tense on his biceps, which they were resting on, but are now being squished by your little hands. He releases the kiss and leans back, looking at the ground. Your hands come down into your lap and you sit there for a few moments. You reach your hand back up to his shoulder and he looks instinctively at you.

"Yes." you whisper.