Prologue

Sitting at the hospital bench, I stared out of the dusty-looking window. The night sky was tar-black and the large clouds were moving towards me. People ran for cover outside and umbrellas were opened as the clouds spat out their beads of water. I could hear the murmuring of the rain through the window. It sounded like the buzzing of angry bees. Despite being annoying, the cacophony was a distraction from the situation at hand. It also helped to block out the awful smell of medecines and the intermittent beeping of a nearby electrocardiogram- which has successfully managed to give me a killer of a headache. My fingers were itching to grab a nearby medical tool and to just crash the damned thing! Gosh, how I hated this place!

The grumbling sound of a motorcycle entering the hospital's parking lot dragged me out of my violent thoughts concerning the electrocardiogram. I squinted my pale grey eyes as I tried to figure out the biker's face through the midst of the heavy rainfall. I didn't know why that particular biker was suddenly so interesting but I whole- heartedly welcomed anything that could distract me from the gloomy atmosphere of the room in which I was currently sitting in.

The guy strolled leisurely in the direction of the hospital's sliding doors as if the droplets of the rain which were currently cascading over him did not bother him in the slightest way. Once he was inside, I craned my neck to look at his six feet figure at the reception desk. Once I looked him over, my heart skipped a beat- not because I saw him after such a long time, but because of how he had not changed over the years. If his bad boy's looks did not bring back the memories, then when he looked over his shoulder and his emerald green eyes pierced through my grey ones, all the memories came stumbling down on me as I went back in the past- in that past where my entire existence revolved around him.... around Harry...