Chapter 7

*RHYNE'S

"What the hell happened!?" Summer

"Damnit! I think, Shon's hiding something from us." Winter

I remained quiet. Trying to figure out what happened. My fingers automatically brush to my lips. It is warm and soft. Not in my entire life, I imagine that I'll be able to kiss Shon's lips.

My attention flew to Kino who's now doing something to his laptop. We're now in our music room. At Kino's studio. He connected some speaker to his laptop then after that, we heard voices.

(S-Shit...)

"That's Shon!" sigaw ni Winter

I remained calm. Even deep inside, my system is asking for something... Something that wants to panic out. I never felt this nervousness before, not until I saw her. Gasping for air. That pain is too visible to her angelic face.

I don't want to entertain her feelings. 'Cause someone like me who tainted women doesn't deserve someone like her. Too pure to be tainted by an asshole like me.

I..

I want her. But every time I tried to be with her. I'm already stepping back. Especially when someone's always with her. The freak'n guy who's always at her place.

I always watch her.

From far.

That's why I choose to hurt her.. So she'll stay away from me.

I'm taken aback when I heard someone trying to wake her up. Shit! I couldn't concentrate!

[Shon! You okay!? Malapit na tayo sa hospita--]

(I-I.. I can't bre-breath...)

[H-Hang in there Shon! Damn it! Traffic!]

I took my bag and about to go out. I can't just sit there and listen to them! But Summer grab me. He's looking at me as if I did something wrong.

"Tangna, dude. Aren't you worried about her!? Ganyan ka ba talaga ka walang puso at aalis ka nalang!? Nakaka banas na 'yang ugali mo! That girl is our friend!" sigaw nya

"You think, if I sit here, she'll recover? Use your fucking brain Summer."

Bogh!

Pumagitna agad samin sila Winter. Pinunasan ko yung labi ko'ng pumutok saka tumayo. Nang lalabas ako, pinigilan ako ni Kino. Naroon lang kami sa iisa'ng kwarto. Nakikinig sa nangyayari.

[Bakit kasi tumakas ka sa ospital! You made me worried to death!]  sigaw ng lalaki

(K-Kuya...)

Natahimik kami. Puro hikbi lang galing sa kabilang linya ang naririnig namin. Kasabay ng pag patay ng makina ng sasakyan ay alam ko.. May kumilos sa kanila.

What the fuck is he doing with her?

[P-Please don't give up.. Shon, fight.. Fight for me.. Please?]

"I don't like what I'm hearing. May tinatago sya satin." Kino

"That guy. He has something to her." Winter

"..." ako

(Kuya Rust.. I don't want.. t-to die.. Ku-Kuya, Rhyne.. I want to be with him.. Ka-Kahit isa'ng araw lang..)

I don't know what happened to me, but I stood up and sat next to Kino's laptop. I felt like billions of knives are stabbing me. Hearing her nonstop sobs, I clench my phone. And it broke.

(But how..? If I only have weeks to live..? Or worse.. D-Days.. An hour? Or maybe a minut--)

[Spend it with me.. Please.. Never think about him anymore and spend your l-last days with me.. I.. I will make you happy. I promise that.]

Sandaling katahimikan.

Nagka tinginan kaming lahat sa sinabi ng lalaki. Kahit si Shon na umiiyak ay natigilan. We heard movements from the other line and after that.

(Why.. Why did you do that..?

W-Why did you.. Kissed me?)

STAB!

Si Kino na yung nag patay ng laptop.

She's..

Dying?

And all I did..

Is to hurt her.

I'm fucking retard.