Chapter 21: The Bitch is Back

Kennedy couldn't wait to get home and change out her black dress with her feet screaming to get out of the heels she borrowed from Nikki. With all the shoes in her closet, she didn't own a single pair of black heels. She was just about to change when Sabrina walked into her room, looking like she could use a friend to talk to.

She watched Sabrina climb onto her bed and grabbed one of her throw pillows. "Sorry to barge in your room. I just need to talk to you about Brandon." She let out a heavy sigh. "I like Brandon a lot but sometimes I feel like he's too good to be true and when I feel this way, it usually means something is wrong." She glanced up at Kennedy who took a seat on the edge of her bed.

"Brina, just give him a chance. I say until he proves otherwise, don't doubt what you feel for him. He really likes you. This I know from talking to Jevon."

She stood and walked over to her desk. "I forgot to give this card to Jevon's parents. Come with me to give it to them. I know they are home since the car is in the driveway."

She grabbed the card and walked out the door with Sabrina dragging her heels behind her. Outside in the driveway were several people who attended the funeral, mostly relatives of the family.

She recognized a few familiar faces and some she'd never laid eyes on before. She walked with Sabrina through the grass and to the door when she ran smack into the Reynolds family. She stopped dead in her tracks.

"Kennedy, it's so great to see you darling." Mrs. Reynolds said, leaning in to give her a hug. She was happy the petite woman didn't notice the shocked look on her face. If the Reynolds were in town for the funeral, it meant their daughter, Ariel, was with them. Ariel was Jevon's ex-girlfriend who only became his ex because her family moved to Michigan two years ago and he never fully recovered from her leaving.

"Hi Mrs. Reynolds it's good to see you and Mr. Reynolds." She looked around the yard to see if she spotted Ariel. "Where are Jonathan and Ariel?" She really hoped they stayed behind in Michigan.

"Jonathon is studying at Julliard and Ariel just left with Jevon to go get ice. They should be back shortly. We arrived in town two days ago."

Sabrina watched Kennedy start to turn red. She wasn't sure who the people talking to her were but she had a feeling she was not thrilled to see them. "We sold our shop earlier this month and were on the road moving back when we received a call from Jevon's mom about Terrance. It's such a shame that this has happened." Mrs. Reynolds said.

Kennedy closed her eyes and tried to blink away what the woman in front of her said. She didn't know if she should be worried or just let it go. Ariel's family lived on the other side of Jevon. They managed to keep the house and rent it out only during the summer.

"I will see you in a bit. I need to go to the house and change my clothes." She turned to her husband. "Come on, Thomas. These support pantyhose are being non-supportive." Mrs. Reynolds said.

Kennedy watched the couple hold hands, walking across the lawn and up the stairs into their home. "Kennedy who are they?" Sabrina asked, tugging on her arm. She turned to her friend.

"That's Ariel Reynolds parents-Jevon's ex girlfriend that he was crushed by when she moved away. I can't believe this is happening now." She said, walking around in a complete circle. "What if she wants him back and he just dumps me for her?" She walked into Jevon's house, placed the card on the table and walked out.

"Kennedy I need to get home but call me if you want to talk. Seriously, I really doubt he would do that to you. It will be alright." Sabrina hugged her before walking to the curb and got in Tony's car. Kennedy ran back to her house and up the stairs to her room. She didn't know if she should call him or not. Instead she sent a text to Nikki, Portia, and Courtney.