Chap.6 Not my oasis.

How far did i have to go to feel betrayed by life? Not far enough. Fear was the first thing that hit, it hit like a stone cold hammer right to the face, now i'm just frustrated and angry, nothing more and nothing less.

I heard the snickers of little children, hushed murmurs. Whoever or wherever they were, they were close. Their little heartbeats rang in my head, that's all that was in there. Whisper's, heart beats and my own thoughts. My eyelids were heavy, my body asleep. It's probably another dream, i thought. I didn't bother waking up, i knew it would just be disappointment. 

"Enoch! Do you think she's dead?"

"Amañe, you pateta! If she was dead, would her chest be floating up and down?"

"That's just the chest. Why are you looking at the bosom?" 

The other one makes an audible sigh. It's almost as if i can feel his breath on my shoulders. "I meant that her chest is rising and falling because she is breathing, not talking about 'bosom' or whatever that is "

I felt like laughing, felt like smiling. Stuck in the dark, listening to other voices, i wanted to enjoy it. But it wasn't even real, the voice were not real, they are made up..lies.

"Amane, Enoch!?O que você está fazendo? leave her alone, she very sick!" Another voice came into the darkness, this one was more mature and loving. I didn't understand what she was saying, but something about her voice made sparks fly. Three voice's now, i just wish i could put a image in those voices.

"Mama, her head is very hot! Its quente, mama it's quente!"

"Si? Tell me sooner, no?" Then there are noises, highly described ones. Like i can almost paint an image of it. Clicking of feet, tapping of metal, splashing of water, dripping of water. Then there it is, the moment when the verge of reality and darkness breaks. I felt it, i am feeling it. The cold, wet cloth pressed against my head. And instantly the darkness, is swallowed by people, light, colour.

My eyes open, my scream rings in the air. The three pair of eyes all fall on me, and then i realise, i wasn't dreaming any of it.

"Mama!!" the little boy screamed. Another boy hid behind him, both had brown shaggy hair that covered their eyes, both had sparkly hazel eyes, both had light tan skin with freckles on their faces. They were twins, the cutest ones too.

A thin quilt was wrapped around my legs, i hug it tighter, its warmth filling me. The wet towel had fallen in my laps, cold against my thighs. I slowly pick it up and watch it for awhile, until i noticed the elderly lady bringing her hands near me. Her features were more beautiful then her voice, and her voice was already extremely beautiful. She had features of goddess, long black hair, fair skin, a pink smile. I watched her hand carefully, deciding whether she wanted my hands, my permission or the wet towel. 

I went the more logical answer and handed the towel to her, slowly, like maybe if i was too reckless this moment could shatter. She smiled a little wider, and took a step towards me. I flinched by instinct, which made her hesitant at first, but then she grabbed my head. In the most loving way possible, she brought my head to her chest, and i closed my eyes and took in a breath.

When she let me go, i noticed how the emotion in the boys faces had changed; they were smiling now. They didn't hide, both had grins on their faces, and i couldn't help but smile back. I didn't know why i didn't feel threatened in the presence of strangers, ones that didn't look like anyone i knew. But i was thankful, that they had saved me... 

Wait what happened? I was in front of a paradise and then i fell? Did i faint, from what? The spider bite? 

I quickly threw the blanket off of my legs, surprised to see a beige cloth, instead of an oozing, bloody hole in my leg. Why did it not hurt, actually why couldn't i feel my legs at all actually?