Chapter 6

Bright lights from all around the room woke Kylie up in a rather annoying way. Her room was usually kept very dark, and these shared rooms were nothing like the suites at beauxbattons. She rolled over in bed attempting to block out the light, and succeed in almost toppling over the side of the bed. She swore under her breath, having completely forgotten how small the beds were. Kylie groaned rubbing her eyes. Kylie looked at herself in the mirror having changed into her school uniform. The skirt was too loose and the material felt weird and the blouse and the cardigan were bunchy. She rolled her eyes at the stupid uniform, and threw on the robes embroidered with a green snake.

Upon walking into the great hall Kylie realized it was exactly like what you would imagine being the new kid would be like. Everyone was staring at her, whispering feverishly to their friends and then turning away. She met hermione's eyes, and hermione motioned for Kylie to sit with her. Kylie looked at the unfriendly faces at the Slytherin table, and hermione. She decided she would rather sit alone at a table of people who hated her than sit with her sister. Kylie chose a seat at the end of the long table, sufficiently away from other people. She had just put a few pieces of toast on her plate when she felt a presence near her, she looked up just as Draco Malfoy sat down across from her. She stopped what she was doing, leaned back and raised her eyebrows, "Can I help you?" she asked. Draco ignored her, "Why aren't you sitting with the mudblood?" draco asked lips curling at the word. "Why aren't you sitting with your friends?" Kylie shot back. "You're something else" Draco responded flatly. Kylie was taken abake, and chuckled a bit. "I hate my sister, I would rather choke on this piece of bread than sit with her." Kylie responded to his initial question. Draco smirked, "we're you adopted?" Draco asked suddenly. Kylie laughed out loud, "what?" she asked. "You heard me." Draco responded. Kylie thought about it. Maybe she was adopted, she had never really thought about it but supposed it made sense. "I don't know why?" Kylie responded. Draco seemed pleased with her anwser. "There's no way you are a mudblood, i'll bet anything you were adopted." Kylie just rolled her eyes. Kylie looked over at her sister, thinking about it; suprisingly she met her sisters eyes. Hermione had a disapproving glare on. Kylie clenched her teeth, hate filling her eyes. Draco smirked, "well at least we have one thing in common." Draco said. Kylie drew her attention back to him, "yeah what's that?" she retorted. "Our hatred for the golden trio."

***

Hermione was already seated in the great hall when ron and harry strolled in. "Where have you been, class starts in 30 min." Hermione scolded. Ron just looked up at her, having already started scarfing down food. Harry ignored her, and sat down. "Where's your sister?" Harry asked. "No Idea," hermione responded. Harry and hermione were talking when Kylie walked in. They could tell she walked in because everyone around them stopped talking. Hermione didn't like her sister, but, she didn't hate her, and she didn't want her to have to sit alone. So hermione motioned for kylie to join her, Kylie paused for a second obviously considering then went and sat alone. "Oh my god do you see her. She is ridiculous, she would rather sit alone than sit with me, i swear she does it just to bother me." Harry was still turned around looking at her. He turned around and continued their conversation. Hermione had stopped thinking about her sister, when ginny walked in and sat next to her, "why is kylie sitting with Malfoy?" Ginny asked with obvious distate. Harry, Ron and Hermione whipped their heads over to look. Draco's back was to them, but kylie just threw her head back with laughter. Hermione clenched her hand. "What. is. She. Doing?!" Hermione whispered angrily to ron and hermione. "What is he doing?" Harry asked, "Why would he want to be talking to her?" "Dunno" Ron said, "But i don't like it, malfoys a slick git, and I dont like." Kylie looked over and met hermiones eyes. Hermione wanted to try to get her to come sit with her, but kylie only seemed more annoyed. "I'm going to have to talk to her; malfoy cannot be up to any good."