Mourn no more

*BEFORE READING* Please note that this is my work. Plagiarism is punishable by law. Anyone who will be caught copying this work will not be tolerated.

—- This is my first attempt in writing a novel and this is based on true story. However, some parts or scenarios will be added in the latter which are completely fictional.

Break the chain

Mourning no more

I woke up this morning with a new faith that everything will somehow fall into the right place. I hate "mourning" suddenly became I love "morning" just like the tag line of one of my favorite fast food chains. New day, new life. I better claim that a great day is awaiting ahead of me. But I have this very bad feeling that it won't even last a day. Well, I just hope for the best and may this not turned out to be just another one of those bad hair day. However, there's something that I feel is missing. I can't figure it out when suddenly my phone rang.

"Oooops! Now I remember", I said to myself as I was looking where the hell did I put my phone. I had this very bad habit of forgetting where I put my things casually from time to time ever since I had an operation due to appendicitis.

"There you are!" I'm relieved that it only took me couple of minutes to find my phone. Mostly I need to turn the whole house upside down for me to find my things.

As I was reaching to my phone placed under my DVD-player I remembered something very important. I almost forgot that I haven't told my girlfriend about yesterday's result. Well, I guess she already had the gist of the idea.

50 unopened messages and missed calls, those were the things that I received from her since yesterday. She must be really worried. I better call her now. But on the second thought, maybe I shouldn't. Damn, I still don't know how to open it up.

I summoned all of my guts and dialed her number. I was shocked that she already picked it up with just one ring. She must be really waiting for my call.

"Maaaaattttttt!!!!" she shouted with a trembling voice. It seems like she's crying. She must be really upset. I started blaming myself again because of this feeling that I'm giving her.

"I'm sorry", those are the only words that I am able to uttered. That's the least that I can do. To seek for her forgiveness. As if I can unload her baggage, right?

"Why didn't you tell me about this? Am I not worthy of being a shoulder to cry on for you?" She asked me while she was drowning herself into tears.

"You don't understand how hard it is for me. If only you were on my shoe." I didn't get the chance to finish what I'm about to say for I was stunned when she suddenly shouted.

"Enough!!!" Her voice is so loud that I felt that my eardrum is about to explode. My instincts are telling me to stop arguing with her or I will get killed, not literary though.

"Please! Please just stop. No matter what kind of argument you throw at me you still cannot deny the fact that you hide something from me. You know what? I feel useless." She said while crying herself out.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it to be that way. I just don't want you to be disappointed. I know that the end cannot justify the means and a lie will still be a lie no matter what reason I have for doing it but I just find it necessary. I would rather go through all of this alone than to be a burden to you." I said while I'm trying to convince her that I only did what is good for us. I'm just hoping that she can feel my sincerity over a phone call. It really feels different when you cannot see who are you talking with. Most of the time it just causes misunderstanding.