Reconciled

*BEFORE READING* Please note that this is my work. Plagiarism is punishable by law. Anyone who will be caught copying this work will not be tolerated.

—- This is my first attempt in writing a novel and this is based on true story. However, some parts or scenarios will be added in the latter which are completely fictional.

Break the chain

Reconciled

I took her hands off of me slowly as I gently touched her cheeks with my fingers. I looked straight to her eyes for quite some time without uttering a single word. All I want is to see the genuine smile coming from the face of the one I love who made me feel that I'm the luckiest person on earth. I felt like there's no other person in the park except us. We are unconsciously displaying our affection for one another in public but I don't care at all. I mean, I want the whole world to know that I'm so deeply in love with her.

Yes, we may be too young to say that what we are feeling for each other is true, too young to say that we can stand against the test of time, and too young to really be in love. Those may be factual but I'm willing to take the risk. Being hurt will always accompany someone who knows how to love. It's inevitable and all of us needs to face it even just for once in our entire life and the person standing in front of me makes it all worth it.

I pulled her closer to me, closer that we can feel the warmth of one another. I'm glad that she didn't resisted. How happy would I be if this will last forever? Even I cannot tell.

"Husbie, they're staring at us. Maybe we should maintain distance for a while, don't you think?" Ecka said as her cheeks turned red. I guess she started to feel conscious which I do understand.

"Oops, I'm sorry I almost forgot where we are. Well, it can't be helped. You always make me lose my mind with that angelic face of yours. I'm not the one to be blamed here you know?" I giggled as I throw a very corny pick up line once more. Good thing that in love, the cornier you are the more genuine your love is. At least for the perspective of majority.

I don't want to make her feel awkward that's why I submitted to her request instantly and moved an inch or two backward.

"Is this distance enough for you?" I asked her with a smile on my face. I still can't get over of the feeling I had earlier. It feels like we are starring in a blockbuster teen movie. Love is really magical, isn't it? Even the smallest things will matter the most as long as you're doing it together with the one who gives you a reason to smile and look forward for what tomorrow may bring.

"I guess so." She said timidly. "By the way, can I ask you to promise me one thing? You really need to give your absolute assurance on this." Ecka suddenly became serious.

I felt that I really need to promise whatever she was asking for by the way she looked at me in the eyes.

"As if I have a choice to refuse, right? Okay then, what is it that you want me to do." I suddenly changed my mood from being funny to being earnest since the situation asked for it. Somehow, I felt that I was a bipolar because of it.

She paused for a while, took a deep breath and said, "Please don't lie to me anymore. If that time comes that you feel that you need to hide something from me again just because you're afraid that I might get hurt, please don't mind me and just tell the truth. After all, time may come that truth will hurt you, me, or us. Time may come that you will suddenly say that everything has changed between us as well as your feelings for me." She said softly while tears are falling down from her round shaped eyes, the same as what Koreans have. Ecka has a quite similar face to them but she's a bit short. She must be standing about 4-foot tall or a bit more. She has a white skin that is not typical for Filipinos since we are Malays and a very shinny long hair that I love to play along with.