Chapter One

Dan: I was attempting to film my newest video, 'Ironic Appreciation,' but a corner of the picture hanging above my bed fell. I looked to the camera.

 "Poltergeist..." then the picture fell behind my bed. I gave one last scared look to the camera and stopped recording.  

"PHIL! THERE'S A POLTERGEIST IN MY ROOM!" I called out.  

Phil: I heard Dan yell from his room, and rolled my eyes with a smile. He gets so paranoid about things. But if it meant he would always need me to calm him down, then it would always be bearable. I walked toward his room, only for him to run into me.  

"Wahhh!" He cried. I laughed lightly.  

"Calm down Dan. It's only me love." I said. He sighed.  

"Jesus Phil. Don't scare me." He pouted. I smiled.  

"You called me here Dan." I said. He rolled his eyes. I pulled him to me and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me and leaned his head on my shoulder.  

"Phil... What do you think they'll be like?" He asked quietly. I rubbed his back slowly.  

"I don't know. But I do know that they'll be perfect." I said. He chuckled.  

"Did you ever think we'd be adopting twins, as well as a son? I mean, did you ever think we would be together?" He asked. He looked at me, his tone lighthearted. But me knowing him for this long, I knew he was serious.  

"Honestly, I'd always hoped we would be together. And when it happened, I didn't think it could get better than this. Then we adopted Jake, and I was ecstatic. But now we're adopting twins. And I couldn't ask for anything else." I explained. He smiled. I always love seeing him smile.  

Dan: I smiled. Phil always knew what to say to make me feel better, as cliché as that sounds.  

"Now what are we gonna do about the poltergeist that I called you in here for?" I asked. Phil rolled his eyes at me and chuckled.  

"We're gonna have a séance for it, duh!" he said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. I laughed and we sat on my bed.  

"Go ahead Mr. Ghost whisperer, perform the séance." I said. He closed his eyes.  

"Move on Mr. Poltergeist. Go into the light." he said, while doing the adorable dance he always does with his hands when he doesn't know what to do. I burst out laughing.  

"Dan! You can't just laugh in the middle of a séance!" Phil exclaimed.  

"I don't know, what that was," I managed to say amidst my laughter, "but it was not a séance!"  

"Well, whatever. Is the poltergeist gone now?" he asked.  

"Well I dunno, why don't we ask him? Mr. Poltergeist! Are you still here?" I jokingly called out. Another picture fell down. Me and Phil jumped up and ran out of my room.  

Phil: "Now do you believe me?!" Dan called. I took a deep breath.  

"Yes I believe you Dan." I said. He gave me a cocky grin.  

"So you're saying I was right?" He asked. I rolled my eyes.  

"Yes you were right." I said.  

"Ahh, I was right." Dan said.  

"Oh shut up." I said. He glared at me.  

"Make me." He said. I smiled deviously.  

"Was that a challenge Dan?" He asked. Dan raised an eyebrow at me.