Chapter 1

Hi loves x
Sorry for the long wait for the update. I was honestly conflicted between two story lines that I wanted to use for this, but I've chosen now. I hope you enjoy this. I know that my writing skills aren't exactly the best, so I'm sorry for that. Thanks for reading xx

,Zaynab

------------------

Bang

My eyes widened, when I heard the sound of a gun shot go off. I put down the piece of celery I was attempting to cut, still holding on to my knife tightly.

My other hand was gripping the kitchen counter. I took a deep breath, trying to form the courage to walk towards my kitchen window and look outside.

After a couple of minutes of trying to not give into the curiosity burning deep inside me, I just gave up moving straight to the window and glancing around outside.

My kitchen window faced an alleyway, which is where I was sure the sound of the gun shot came from. I gulped when I saw the outline of a body lying down on the floor.

My nurse instincts rushed through my and I began to worry about the person.

I quickly ran towards the door of my flat, passing my brother who was fast asleep on the couch, while the tv blasted some silly soap opera.

I ran down the long set of stairs that led to the exit door of my flat. My hand brushed the metal handle, as I took a deep breath.

I slowly opened the door. I felt sweat drip down my forehead and my pulse began beating at an erratic pace.

I put one foot on the ground. I gasped when the body came in my full view. Blood was soaking the area around the persons stomach.

I walked out the door and slowly began walking towards the body. I held the knife tightly as I look around the alley, checking if there was anyone to be seen.

Once I reached the body, my eyes scanned the area the was wounded immediately. I frowned when I saw nothing.

I got on my knees, hoping to get a closer look at the body. I gently put the knife down, right leg. Then I checked the pulse of the person.

The pulse was still there, but it was very faint. Realisation washed over me, as I knew that if I didn't call someone soon, the person could die.

I began to lift my body from the ground. Suddenly I felt a hand roughly grip my shoulder. I froze and my eyes widened.

"You're not going anywhere.." A husky voice spoke from behind me. The hand of the man was covered by a leather glove. My knees began hurting, due to the fact I was wearing a floral dress that reached just above my knees. The cold, hard concrete began digging into my skin. I gulped.

The man walked next to me, keeping his hand on my left shoulder. I felt him stand next to me. My eyes looked up at the man. He was dressed in black, and wore a white mask with a smile carved into it. Although the mask had two holes for his eyes to see through.

His eyes were a cold blue colour. They shone brightly in the light coming from the moon. I could see green specks in the irises of his eyes.

"What's a girl like you doing out at this time of the night in an alleyway?" I began to tremble more when he asked me this question. "Hasn't anyone ever taught you that curiosity killed the cat?"

I remained silent, praying he'd release his tight grip on my shoulder.

I looked down, scared that if I looked into his eyes any longer, he'd kill me.