Why are you here

I open the doors to the old medical building, and breath in the smell that greets me every time I open a building. Giles calls it musty, dad calls it a lung kicker, but I call it the past. My legs are sore, so I lie down, using tarp as a blanket. My mind drifts and I give up all attempts at sleep. I walk past the desk and look at the map that is hidden under scattered papers. 

            I look for the pediatrics first, to find some cotton balls and antibacterial hand soap that i could rub in. I go to the stair way and here some voices. I freeze. I duck down, and peek around. No where to hide: i am exposed. I panic as I hear the voices come closer. What if they catch me! What will Chloe do! Tears run down my face as a man and woman walk around the corner. Their mouthes open and close, like they are mute and trying to say something, but can't. The man walks up to my and I curl tighter. "Woah, another one! Hi, my names Ethan, and you must be Samantha, this is my girl friend, Bella, are you here to find some stuff to help fight the common cold? Yea, the other was too, he is still here, check the rehab center, straight forward, make two left, door is to your right, it says Rehab on it too..." I get up, and run, what does he mean by "other one" I almost run straight past the rehab room. I open the door and sitting there is Alexander! I tear up, hoping he isn't hurt, and hug him. He doesn't say anything. I tilt my head, and ask " What's wrong buddy?". He looks down and mumbles " Mom and Dad told me not to go and Grand-Mére helped me sneak out, and I fell asleep at an oak tree and and... when I woke up I was here." I tell him its okay and clasp his hand. We look through exam rooms until we find some coughing pills, sinus pills, and some liquid sleeping medicine. I wave goodbye to Ethan and Bella, and thank them for saving Alexander, and me and my little, courage brother, head straight for home, and just so you know, yes i did get cotton balls. 

           I am exhausted, and we stop to sleep at the hotel, with the chandelier, and then I laugh when Alexander just climbs through a broken window next to the stair case, I always admired him for that, using his "Common sense". I show him the room I stayed at before, and he sleeps next to me, I feel the heat radiating off him. I smile as exhaustion takes over and I soundly fall asleep. 

*****************************************************************************************************

 So, was this chapter exciting enough for you, shoutout to narwhales101222 for the support, not only about "Alone" but for my short stories too! Hope you liked this chapter and if you did make sure to smash that vote button, slam that follow button, and as always comments are really appreciated! Happy Holidays!❤️⛸⛄️

                              -janebook0