Chapter 6 : Brain Damage

------Third Person p.o.v.-----

The doctor ran over to Celest's hospital bed. "She got tazed by officer Derek Craig." One of the doctors said. Doctor Harvey checked her pulse. It was still going,but very faint. She wore a hospital gown with the blanket stopping at mid-stomach. "I didn't think that the shock would affect her THAT much." The doctor glared at officer Craig.

"That is no excuse because you hit her upside the head afterwards. The other doctors say that she may have a concussion. I am not sure." Doctor Harvey spat at officer Craig. The officer scrunched up his face and put his face in his hands.

The other Doctor came into the room. "We checked it out. Mrs. Worton is here. Ready to tell her the news?" The doctor asked. Doctor Harvey slowly nodded and led officer Craig out with him. They walked out the waiting room. Mrs. Worton jumped up and walked towards them when she saw them coming down the hall.

"Is she okay?! Is she fine?! What happened please tell me now!" She demanded. Doctor Harvey sighed. "She has a concussion. Just a bit of brain damage. Just a little. Studies say that she may have lost a bit of memory." Mrs. Worton's eyes widened."BRAIN DAMAGE?! WHAT IF SHE DOESN'T REMEMBER ME?!" Mrs. Worton yelled.

Doctor Harvey put his hands up. "I know It is hard for you,but please just stay calm okay?" He said. All eyes turned towards the door. Celest's therapist came in. Even from yesterday's incident,she looked unharmed. Not a scratch. How was that? She raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms. "Is your daughter put under a security system?" The therapist asked.

"Mrs. Portmen,please exit the building. You have no business being here." Dr. Harvery said. "So that's her name?" Mrs. Worton crossed her arms and put her weight on one side of her leg. Mrs. Portmen smirked. "So back to what I was saying,is that little girl going to prison?" She asked referring to Celest. Mrs. Worton rolled her eyes." She isn't going anywhere Mrs. Portmen. Did you come here to just pick on her? You were trying to force her a question that she did not want to answer!" Mrs. Worton said.

The sound of Mrs. Worton's voice getting louder alerted the police. They raised their heads and slowly got up. They took a few steps closer to get a better clue of what they were saying. They all had a hand on their hip.

"She should not have attacked me! She laid her hands on me!" Mrs. Portmen said. Mrs. Worton shook her head. "She is a child." She spat coldly." She has been through a lot and it was her first day of therapy! She doesn't need to open up about anything on the first day! She doesn't even know you,so how could she possibly trust you enough to tell her her whole entire past?! I wouldn't blame her for not trusting you,you tried to test her! You triggered her! You had three tries and i heard you! I heard you constantly try to force her to answer you!!! That is when I got the police!!! You are an adult! You could have stopped but you didn't!!".

Mrs. Worton was fuming. "And you!" She pointed a finger at officer Craig and continued."You didn't have to hit her upside the head!! She let go when you tazed her! I saw it! You had no right to just hit her upside the head for no reason!! She was at ease!" Mrs. Worton stepped closer to him with tears forming in her eyes. Her glossy eyes traveled towards the police officers when she felt eyes on her.

She looked down and shook her head. Tears started to spill and she collasped onto the floor sobbing. "I-I just made a new b-bond with my daughter and you had to ruin it!!!" Mrs. Worton cried. Soon she was crying a river and the tears wouldn't stop. Her heart was broken. Mr. Worton came through the front doors quickly.

He was so confused as to why this happened and as to why his wife was sobbing on the floor. He was just told by Mrs. Worton to come to the hospital quickly. He had a business meeting on this day,but ditched it which showed that he cared. Logan came in behind him. He didn't look too happy. As if he didn't want to be there.

"Logan....Gerald." Mrs. Worton cried. She looked so weak as she reached her arms out. "She has brain damage. A concussion!!" She said wiping her tears away,trying to stay strong. Mr. Worton shook his head no. "This is not true...we just started a new relationship with her. You're kidding me." He said as if hhe just saw a ghost. "No I am not lying. She is really hurt. I don't know how long she will be staying her."

"She probably is messed up and attacked that therapist because she abuses her drugs." Logan says. Mrs. Worton glared at him."I didn't raise my son this way. She did not abuse her prescription pills. We don't even know much about her!" She whispered in a sharp tone.

"Do you want to go see her?" Dr. Harvey asked. They nodded. They walked down the hall snd they opened the door. They all slowly walked in and their little hearts started to break except for logan.

Celest's eyes started to open. There was a bandage around her head. Mrs. Worton put her hand over her mouth. She slowly walked to the side of Celest's bed. She grabbed her hand and squeezed it a bit."You okay honey?" Mrs. Worton asked. Celest nodded. "Yeah I am okay Mom." Mrs. Worton gasped." Oh thank God she remembers me!" Mrs. Worton whispered shouted.

Celest raised an eyebrow. "Who is that guy?" She looked at Logan.